EBay, France and Germany ban the USA's Pledge of Allegience?

• Thread starter Thread starter jdnation
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jdnation

Read the link to find out more: rexcurry.net/pledgeban.html

But in short it has something to do with the origin of the stiff armed salute that the Nazis used. Although I feel this is a bit extreme since the stiff armed salute was a common thing for many to do before (Since ancient Rome, I’d say, though the article argues the Nazis took it from the US and not Rome) and only carries the bad reputation it does because the Nazis used it.

I believe the incorporation of the salute into the Nazi party was not a result of the Pledge of Allegience oath taking (though to do it as they did back then would provoke this reaction). But was used in Germany itself without relation to the USA much before the Nazis took power.

“The extended-arm “Sieg Heil” salute, for example, was a ritual of the Wandervoegel (“Wandering Birds” or “Rovers”), a male youth society which became the German equivalent of the Boy Scouts. The Wandervoegel was started in the late 1800s by a group of homosexual teenagers. Its first adult leader, Karl Fischer, called himself “der Fuehrer” (“the Leader”)” - The Pink Swastika Ch.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back