Ebay sells a consecrated host, help me complain!

• Thread starter Thread starter Fitz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fitz

I amsure many of you were sickened at the news that Ebay disrespected the Eucharist today. Where will this lead? I hope we can stop it forever in the future. Will this be a common occurance? Go to the Collectibles Discussion Board.
forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jspa?forumID=9

Collectibles http://forums.ebay.com/db2/images/blank.giffitzp2003, you are signed in to discussion boards. (Sign out) Watches | Settings http://forums.ebay.com/db2/images/blank.gifhosted by LiveWorld Discussion Post a reply | Print | Stop Watching Thread
Disrespect of the Catholic Eucharist fitzp2003 (50 http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/IconBlueStar_25x25.gif) View Listings | Report Apr-12-05 15:21 PDT

I was really sickened today when Ebay allowed a member to sell a host that supposedly was blessed by Pope John Paul II. As a Catholic I was horrified that the CEO of Ebay did not realize what a horrible sacriligious thing this was to do. I won’t be using Ebay after this because I am extremely offended as are many others. I was also disgusted to find that it is near to impossible to get a complaint lodged with ebay. They are apparently more than happy to let something disgusting happen all the while people are trying to stop it. Bad job ebay- very bad job. Done with ebay!

Please go onto Ebay and respond to my post if you are a member so that they realize I am not alone. Thanks! Let’s let them know we are a presence in this world a BIG voice!

This was an additional place to post that was Seller Central for Collectibles.

1 repliesDate postedReply #fitzp2003 (50 http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/IconBlueStar_25x25.gif) View Listings | Report Apr-12-05 16:11 PDT 1 of 1

Hello staff,
I don’t think the Catholic Eucharist is a collectible, and I am greatly saddened that ebay is allowed to be this disrespectful of Catholocism. Please review your rules. Sincerely, Fitzp2003

Okay, I am in. I posted my reply that it was a horrible thing. However, I am sadden to see that in this large CA community that only four people were able to post a message to ebay. Come on everybody!!!

40.png
dsproule:
Okay, I am in. I posted my reply that it was a horrible thing. However, I am sadden to see that in this large CA community that only four people were able to post a message to ebay. Come on everybody!!!
Take heart, I just posted within the past hour. Thank you for the help.

40.png
dsproule:
A lot of us complained directly to eBay using the dispute method, so our complaints will not show up on the message boards.

We can we send a complaint using the disput method?
40.png
Pious:
A lot of us complained directly to eBay using the dispute method, so our complaints will not show up on the message boards.

Fitz,

I tried to register on e-bay but they needed my credit card # and I refuse to give out that information. is there another way of going on?

Shoshana

40.png
JohnL_Duncan:
We can we send a complaint using the disput method?
Go to services on the homepage and click on eBay Security & Resolution Center, then click on report another problem click on report problem with other ebay members and then problems with seller and then on problem with seller is not listed, you will then be given an option to email where you will be asked for the item number and a reason.

40.png
Shoshana:
Fitz,

I tried to register on e-bay but they needed my credit card # and I refuse to give out that information. is there another way of going on?

Shoshana
Probably not, however I do know that I was in a thread a few months back about how many people on CA were ebayers so I am really just hoping that those that are registered would also complain. Thanks anyways.

40.png
Fitz:
Probably not, however I do know that I was in a thread a few months back about how many people on CA were ebayers so I am really just hoping that those that are registered would also complain. Thanks anyways.
Code:
Fitz,

We will never know if this is not a hoax…but would it be possible that someone on CA buy it?

40.png
Shoshana:
Code:
Fitz,

We will never know if this is not a hoax…but would it be possible that someone on CA buy it?
A Catholic did buy it, a Knight of Columbus man. He did the right thing. He usd the buy it now feature and paid $2,000. for it. I wanted to complaint to Ebay so that this does not become routine. It would be great to be able to sue them for this. I heard about it not only on our CA forums, it is written about on www.spiritdaily.com and on relevant radio it was a hot topic today.

No, the auction has ended - if you find the original thread on this, it is a guy who is a KOC, he bought it to keep it out of ‘bad’ hands. Although the buy it now wsa $2000.00

Ebay could still cancel the bids and negate the auction if they wanted to.

Since the Holy Eucharist is now in safe hands, it would be worse to negate the auction and have the host returned to the original owner, wouldn’t it?

CALIFORNIA MAN RACES TO BUY HOST CONSECRATED BY JOHN PAUL II TO SAVE IT AFTER IT IS AUCTIONED ON eBAY

There it was on eBay, the online auction house that almost revels in the blasphemous: an ad for a Host consecrated by John Paul II and whisked out of Rome by a non-Catholic who allegedly attended Mass at St. Peter’s in 1998, the Pope’s twentieth anniversary.

At any rate, just minutes after the item was posted on *Spirit Daily *Monday night, a California man, Bill Osbourne, of Cupertino, raced to buy the Eucharist for $2,000 and has secured it, whatever its origins. “Any minute I waited, it could have fallen into the hands of a witch or satanist,” said Osbourne, aghast at the auction. “That’s Jesus in that Host!” Osbourne, a salesman, attends Our Lady of Peace in Santa Clara and is caretaker for a 92-year-old father. *(His e-mail*) (E-Bay Corporate phone number is 800-322-9266).

So um, in this circumstance, would it not be a sacrilige that he bought a consecrated host since he was buying it to protect it? Just curious. I would assume it would be ok but ya never know!

40.png
IsaacSheen:
So um, in this circumstance, would it not be a sacrilige that he bought a consecrated host since he was buying it to protect it? Just curious. I would assume it would be ok but ya never know!
He emailed one of the posters here and said he was going to turn the Eucharist over to EWTN’s Priest ,the Vatican or a good faithful parish.

I have ACTUAL PHONE NUMBERS WITH REAL PEOPLE!!! you can use to call e-bay and express your outrage:

1-800-322-9266
1-888-749-3229

or snail mail:
2145 Hamilton Avenue, # 350
San Jose, CA 95125

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back