eBay site doesn't say anything about ban on Eucharist

• Thread starter Thread starter Joseph_Bilodeau
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joseph_Bilodeau

Not to rain on everyone’s parade, but as of this time I have not been able to find any statement on the ebay.com site saying that sales of the Holy Eucharist are verboten. Neither can I find the Eucharist on their list of prohibited or restricted items. Call me Thomas, but I will rest easier when I see a statement directly from eBay regarding their change of heart. If anyone here can point me toward such a direct statement, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

If you read the eBay letter carefully, it says that they have decided that the Eucharist falls within their current restrictions. I.e., they will remove offending listings, but it doesn’t need to be spelled out any more obviously.

I just hope they keep their word.

The scarey thing about this letter is that Ebay says the sale went through before they could stop it. Where is that host!!! Who bought it. I know if I had had the room on my cards I would have.

40.png
Antigen:
The scarey thing about this letter is that Ebay says the sale went through before they could stop it. Where is that host!!! Who bought it. I know if I had had the room on my cards I would have.
I heard it was purches by a member of the Knights of Columbus, who turned it over to his parish priest.

Joseph Bilodeau:
Not to rain on everyone’s parade, but as of this time I have not been able to find any statement on the ebay.com site saying that sales of the Holy Eucharist are verboten. Neither can I find the Eucharist on their list of prohibited or restricted items. Call me Thomas, but I will rest easier when I see a statement directly from eBay regarding their change of heart. If anyone here can point me toward such a direct statement, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.
Yes, I got the e-mail too.
But before I sign back on to Ebay I want to see an official press release, a contrite spokesman on The O’Reilly Factor, and an updated list of prohibited items.

40.png
ridesawhitehors:
Yes, I got the e-mail too.
But before I sign back on to Ebay I want to see an official press release, a contrite spokesman on The O’Reilly Factor, and an updated list of prohibited items.
That’s my point. I’ve seen certain second hand communications, but I haven’t seen anything that is unmistakably a statement from eBay.
Dr. Colossus:
If you read the eBay letter carefully, it says that they have decided that the Eucharist falls within their current restrictions. I.e., they will remove offending listings, but it doesn’t need to be spelled out any more obviously.
That’s not sufficient. Last week, the Eucharist didn’t fall within these very same restrictions. I think it needs to be spelled out quite obviously.

There is not even mention of it in their “announcements” section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back