Ecce Homo Bust for my room

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyCCR
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TommyCCR

Guest
So I am the only Catholic in my home as many of you know. I like to display my faith all throughout my room. My parents have always said they don’t understand the whole holy reminders (statue) concept. Well recently I found an “ecce homo” bust. It is the most heartbreaking piece of art I have ever seen. Beautiful but sad. I liked it simply because it was such a great reminder of what our lord did for us. I knew that having something like that would remind me just how much he truly went through, and would keep me from sometimes doing things I shouldnt. I was wondering if this was in poor taste? I have not ordered it yet, so I wanted some Catholic opinions.

The link for the Bust is----

ewtnreligiouscatalogue.com/ECCE+HOMO+BUST+SMALL/keywords=ecce+homo/page_no=1/edp_no=15883/shop.axd/ProductDetails

Love and prayers,
Tommy
 
By the way my parents were appauled at me even wanting it… They said having something of that sort was disrespectful.
 
Why is it disrespectful to have a visual reminder of Our Lord’s Sacred Passion? I see nothing disrespectful about the bust “Ecce Homo”. I know which one you mean. I’ve seen it. You’re right, it is very sad and heartbreaking. But disrespectful? If I had it… I’d probably place it in a quiet area, by itself. Not among the bric-a-brac. But, by itsself… just to be more aware of the meaning of the piece.

If it were disrespectful to have it… I fear all Catholics and many other Christians would be guilty. Because so many people have crucifixes.

I’m afraid I don’t understand your parents reasoning on this. If you are underage, though… and still living in their home… I would suggest that you honor their feelings. Just my :twocents:

God bless.
 
I don’t think it’s poor taste to have an image that reminds of our Lord’s passion. I was just curious with you being the only Catholic in your house; are you a Closet Catholic or an Adult? I am a Closet Catholic and I just recently put some pictures of Saints and the Divine Mercy up on my alter. It’s very hard to explain when my parents ask about them.

If you’re not a Closet Catholic; how was Mass today?
O how I wish I could go :sad_bye:
 
i am not a closet catholic actually my parents are very supportive usually. mass was beautiful today. i am so sorry to hear that you have to conceal your faith like that. i will pray for you dear one.
 
Tommy,

Just thought you might be interested: That bust, as you can see from the writing upon it, represents “The Christ of Limpias”. Sometimes busts like that are simply given the name, in shorthand, “Limpias”. They are often quite popular among Catholics of Hispanic descent.

Here is the story of the miracle at Limpias:

frtommylane.com/homilies/year_b/easter6.htmVC
 
Don’t worry, this is not disrespectful. If your parents don’t understand the concept of holy reminders, it makes sense that to them this bust would be…shocking. However, don’t worry about the Catholic side of it. Like you said, this bust would be a powerful reminder of what Jesus went through for us. If you want it, go for it 🙂
 
This is a not-infrequent subject of Eastern iconography, where it’s called The Bridegroom.

You might like it better than this statue.

Have you asked your parents what they find disrespectful about it? It could be a too vivid repreresentation of the reality of the Passion for them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top