EDIT: Sacraments of Initiation

  • Thread starter Thread starter paul_tran
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paul_tran

Guest
Why does the RCIA insist on the unity of the three Sacraments of Initiation?

Thanks and Godbless
Paul
 
Because that how it was done in the early Church, because most converts were adults.
The Church had to modify the “system” as converts starting having babies and the faith grew

I believe that our Orthodox brothers & sisters confer all 3 initiation sacraments all at once, even if the person is an infant.
 
Because that how it was done in the early Church, because most converts were adults.
The Church had to modify the “system” as converts starting having babies and the faith grew

I believe that our Orthodox brothers & sisters confer all 3 initiation sacraments all at once, even if the person is an infant.
As do the Eastern Sui Juris Churches within the Catholic Church. I think the separation is only within the Latin Rite.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top