F
fide
Guest
What I sadly do not hear today, in our current moral teachings, is the recognition of that fact which you acknowledge: Prisons are NOT fail-safe. Prisons do NOT assure protection from predators, even when given the maximum “life without parole”. Instead, I hear the ideological, unrealistic untrue presumption:I agree there is no perfect human penitentiary system in the world. There is always the risk of escape and the security guards are certainly in a sometimes dangerous situation.
However we must work with what we have, there are many mechanisms and tools available today to properly manage the risk from convicts.
The entire argument against the death penalty for any case, for any crime is false. An ideological position based on a natural, human sense of mercy, having no firm foundation at all, is replacing the traditional comprehensive understanding of justice which has been discarded.more effective systems of detention have been developed, which ensure the due protection of citizens
I am very concerned, very troubled by what is happening in our Church - this is merely one example of it, but every instance is important. The world lost in darkness does not need, nor will be helped by, one more “dumbed down and modernized” adaptation of the Christian Faith.