R
rasbat
Guest
simple question please pardon my ignorance of such a basic point, but I have heard other Catholics talking about some weird possibly heretical ideas. Question:
are man and creation still in a fallen state even after the redeption achieved in Christ? I have always believed we are fallen creatures that is why we have evil and destruction and sickness and misery everywhere. We can turn to Christ and have our sins washed away and our nature corrected and cleansed, and seek eternal life, but we are still experiencing the effects of the fall in this life and the consequences of people exercising their free will giving in to corruption right? is it safe to refer to us as fallen creatures and creation still fallen even in the light of Christ’s redemption? This is how I have always seen it as a just punishment for all of historical time for our fall and Christ as a light in the darkness of this world.
here is the potential heresy: I hear so much talk lately about our nature being fixed and transformed here on earth, and people saying things along the lines that Jesus being fully human and fully God in and of itsself is where our redemption was achieved regardless of the cross just by touching and sanctifying human nature in this way. are these things I have been hearing heresy? They seem to state that the fall is completely undone even in its after effects and that we are all just intrinsicly good from birth now since the redemption. How do they explain the obvious presence of great evil in the world now?
Short version: what effects of the fall were undone by the redemption of Christ? which still remain? is there some wacky new heresy making the rounds these days?
are man and creation still in a fallen state even after the redeption achieved in Christ? I have always believed we are fallen creatures that is why we have evil and destruction and sickness and misery everywhere. We can turn to Christ and have our sins washed away and our nature corrected and cleansed, and seek eternal life, but we are still experiencing the effects of the fall in this life and the consequences of people exercising their free will giving in to corruption right? is it safe to refer to us as fallen creatures and creation still fallen even in the light of Christ’s redemption? This is how I have always seen it as a just punishment for all of historical time for our fall and Christ as a light in the darkness of this world.
here is the potential heresy: I hear so much talk lately about our nature being fixed and transformed here on earth, and people saying things along the lines that Jesus being fully human and fully God in and of itsself is where our redemption was achieved regardless of the cross just by touching and sanctifying human nature in this way. are these things I have been hearing heresy? They seem to state that the fall is completely undone even in its after effects and that we are all just intrinsicly good from birth now since the redemption. How do they explain the obvious presence of great evil in the world now?
Short version: what effects of the fall were undone by the redemption of Christ? which still remain? is there some wacky new heresy making the rounds these days?