Eldad, Medad and ? What was the third guys name? Please help me

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gigglin4God
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gigglin4God

Guest
Hello Fellow CAF Family and Friends. I need your help in getting an answer on something. I was talking to my sister in law last night and mentioned two names that are in the Bible and that there was a third one as well that went with it. The two names were Eldad and Medad. I cant come up with the third one for the life of me and need your help in finding out who he is and where in the Bible it is located where it says about them. Please help me. I would deeply appreciate it. Georgia or Gigglin.
 
Eldad and Medad occur in Numbers 11:26-28
… 26 Now two men remained in the camp, one named Eldad, and the other named Medad, and the spirit rested upon them; they were among those registered, but they had not gone out to the tent, and so they prophesied in the camp. 27 And a young man ran and told Moses, “Eldad and Medad are prophesying in the camp.” 28 And Joshua the son of Nun, the minister of Moses, one of his chosen men, said, “My lord Moses, forbid them.”…
That is the only place they are mentioned in the KJV. I don’t find a third name in this incident.
 
Thank you. I guess I will just have to keep digging. At least I know where to start looking.
 
Agreed, no third guy. Maybe you’re thinking of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego?
 
Could they manybe mean totally different guys? Like Meshack, Shadrack and Abednego?
 
Thank you. I guess I will just have to keep digging. At least I know where to start looking.
I agree that you may be confusing them with some other trio. Another suggestion (besides the one made in the previous post) would be Korah, Dathan, and Abiram. These guys also occur in Numbers (ch. 16) in a context having to do with Moses’ authority.

I assure you that there is no “third name” to find in connection with Eldad and Medad.

Edwin
 
Agreed, no third guy. Maybe you’re thinking of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego?
I was stumped on this one, but those were the three names, Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednego that I thought we were trying to remember when I first read the post. It took me a few minutes to realize I was headed down the wrong trail.
 
We have a famous trio in the nephews of King David: Joab, Abishai, and Asahel. Another is Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

There are also the most famous Heman and Sheerah. But they don’t form a trio.

We also have other “dads” and “babs.” There’s Bedad, Hadad, Jobab, Hobab…

Love,
Hobab Holter 🙂

Help John Bugay
 
Thank you all. I always thought the names sounded like Popeye talking about his ancestors lol So it is just Eldad and Medad. I dont know why but this makes me laugh so much. I knew about Shadrach Meschack and Aminuteago.’
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top