Elisha's Bones

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vincent_L
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vincent_L

Guest
It is my understanding that the bones of Elisha were removed from the tomb and/or destroyed at some point in history, after the miraculous resurrection of the man who touched them.

Somewhere along in my reading I ran across a statement that this was done by a later ruler, I do not think it was a jewish ruler, but I am completely unable to find that info any more.

Does anyone have any info on who removed/destroyed the relics of Elisha in history ?

Thanks.
 
Never mind I found it, they were destroyed by Julian the Apostate the the 4th century AD.

holytrinityorthodox.com/calendar/los/June/14-01.htm
Whoa, you might be jumping the gun a little there.

From the website you linked to: Julian the Apostate (361-363) gave orders to burn the relics of the Prophet Elisha, Abdia (Obadiah) and John the Forerunner, but the remains of the holy relics were preserved by believers, and part of them were transferred to Alexandria.
 
Never mind I found it, they were destroyed by Julian the Apostate the the 4th century AD.

Maybe…

The article also says, at the end:

*Julian the Apostate (361-363) gave orders to burn the relics of the Prophet Elisha, Abdia (Obadiah) and John the Forerunner, but the remains of the holy relics were preserved by believers, and part of them were transferred to Alexandria. *

…meaning, that the remains of the holy relics (of both Elisha, Obadiah, and John the Baptist) were preserved, and some of them were transferred to Alexandria.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top