Embalming - soul leaving the body

Status
Not open for further replies.
You 3 can do as you see fit but if it is up to me (I know it most likely isn’t), I 'd be mummified (provided my brain stayed in my head!) or cryogenically frozen. If I can’t have my body anymore, that old hag Nature isn’t getting me either!
 
HomeschoolDad, where is this from? I have never heard this before, except here. Is it based on Church teaching or what?
We believe the soul leaves the body quickly after death, but some of the eastern religions / systems think the soul can stay for days. One of the chief practical reasons for embalming is for viewings, especially if people are coming from out of town and want to see their loved ones, and even more so, if after the viewings, the funeral is open casket.

For my Dad, we opted for a private viewing in the chapel at the funeral home. The room was very cold. I have instructed that there will be no embalming, and that I simply be put in a wooden casket in a natural cemetery. I would rather have money spent on masses said for me than a fancy casket and funeral. Someone can bring some wine and sandwiches.

OP, bodies begin the decomposition process right away. Given the amount of people that die in this country every hour, these “waking up in a body bag” stories are very very rare. Be at ease.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top