D
dnazaruk
Guest
Just a little background on the reason for my question
I use to be the type to work late (without pay) but that interfered with family time.
I switched jobs but the new job was great but the coworkers didn’t have the same work valves as me and they did my evaluation to get on full time and I finally said forget it.
I went back to my old employer in a different position and promised my self that I would keep God first then family then work.
I have been doing that but the work load can’t be met with out staying late, I let my employer know this once and they believed in time it will happen
I stayed late only to make up time that I took off for doctor or lawyer appointments
Then I gave them a suggestion on how might meet deadlines in the accounts receivable area. They didn’t think it would work.
Then the busy budget season came along and I’m responsible for reviewing the budgets for accuracy and also my regular job, I didn’t get my regular job done.
I brought to there attention after I was told a couple times that we in conflict of our contract that its not possible to get the statements done with out working after hours and that I liked being able to go home at 4:30 and not working on weekends.
There response was that I’m entitled to go home at 4:30, and that the deadline was met before (they are blind to the fact that to get it done the individual worked late and on weekends) not to mention there was less buildings.
I have been looking for a new job, and shortly after my talk with my supervisor there was a posting for my exact position on career builder.
So either it’s a replacement or its help
End of December is coming and I only have two and a half days to get my stuff done and without working late I don’t think it can be done
My question is
Am I being a bad employee/person/christen by not working late, or is it just my old self making myself feel guilty about not working late?
I use to be the type to work late (without pay) but that interfered with family time.
I switched jobs but the new job was great but the coworkers didn’t have the same work valves as me and they did my evaluation to get on full time and I finally said forget it.
I went back to my old employer in a different position and promised my self that I would keep God first then family then work.
I have been doing that but the work load can’t be met with out staying late, I let my employer know this once and they believed in time it will happen
I stayed late only to make up time that I took off for doctor or lawyer appointments
Then I gave them a suggestion on how might meet deadlines in the accounts receivable area. They didn’t think it would work.
Then the busy budget season came along and I’m responsible for reviewing the budgets for accuracy and also my regular job, I didn’t get my regular job done.
I brought to there attention after I was told a couple times that we in conflict of our contract that its not possible to get the statements done with out working after hours and that I liked being able to go home at 4:30 and not working on weekends.
There response was that I’m entitled to go home at 4:30, and that the deadline was met before (they are blind to the fact that to get it done the individual worked late and on weekends) not to mention there was less buildings.
I have been looking for a new job, and shortly after my talk with my supervisor there was a posting for my exact position on career builder.
So either it’s a replacement or its help
End of December is coming and I only have two and a half days to get my stuff done and without working late I don’t think it can be done
My question is
Am I being a bad employee/person/christen by not working late, or is it just my old self making myself feel guilty about not working late?