End Time Prophecies

  • Thread starter Thread starter PunnyProtestant
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PunnyProtestant

Guest
I heard that there are 12 prophecies/signs in the bible that have to occur first before the end times start to come.

What are these 12 signs?
 
I heard that there are 12 prophecies/signs in the bible that have to occur first before the end times start to come.

What are these 12 signs?
Heh heh heh! The question presupposes one particular opinion out of numerous opinions. For example, the last time I checked on the Southern Baptist Convention, it’s official position was that Jesus could come back right now. That kinda messes up your question. 🙂 Ask a different Protestant group and you’ll get a different opinion.
 
Or try reading David Currie’s book, “Rapture: The End Times Error That Leaves the Bible Behind.” Your questions will be answered in his book…
 
Who cares? The point is to live your life every day, every moment, ready to meet God. 🤷
 
I heard that there are 12 prophecies/signs in the bible that have to occur first before the end times start to come.

What are these 12 signs?
I hadn’t heard of these supposed 12 prophecies, and I’m not really interested. I’ve got my own peculiar theory. I do remember my old pastor however making a comment that “I think God’s doing something to the sun.” (And he wasn’t given much to last days stuff. His opinion on a lot of American last days theology was that it was a bit weird.)

But according to some news sources, NASA scientists are predicting a massive solar storm in 2012, “that most Hollywood” of dates as you’ll see quoted in the attached link.

hindustantimes.com/Solar-storm-earth-bound/Article1-592312.aspx

There have been such storms before, and even in 1921 it was supposed to have caused widespread power problems, when circuitry was more robust and micro-electronics virtually unknown.

One of the predictions in Revelation is that the sun will scorch men’s skin with it’s rays, and that they will bite their tongues with the pain. So I suppose that’s one of the alleged prophecies.

However I think God’s going to drive us off the planet eventually. We’re already mucking around with quantum teleporting, and He doesn’t seem to let us fool around with things for long before He expects us to use them in one way or another. Robert Goddard was sending liquid fuelled rockets as high as telegraph poles in 1923, and just 46 years later a much bigger version landed man on the moon.

Coupled with my other thoughts on the issue, I think we’re in for a torrid time.

But since I think God is going to drive us off the planet first, then I don’t spend much time worrying about Christ’s immediate return. What I do think is that there is a hell of a lot of trouble brewing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top