S
StTommyMore
Guest
Where in the heck do all these Fundamentalists get the stuff about a “One World Church,” “One World Government,” and “One World Currency” from anyways?
gotquestions.org/one-world-government.htmlWhere in the heck do all these Fundamentalists get the stuff about a “One World Church,” “One World Government,” and “One World Currency” from anyways?
No, you don’t want anymore like him…During the time of Christ - Rome had gained control over the region of Jerusalem. The prophecies back then are not much different than the prophecies we hear today about it. Why is it that Revelations (by those who interpret it) - is Rome at the center (again)? That’s what I don’t understand?They have read and misinterpreted The Book of Revelation. After all, they have no authority, such as a Pope, and they read things into it that aren’t there.
They take the Bible literally, except for John’s gospel where Jesus says “This is my Body…anyone who doesn’t eat of it will have no life in you” saying that’s symbolic, but all the dream-like Revelations, full of symbols, they take as concrete, absolute literal truth.
Someone recently asked what changed Jesus from the loving, forgiving God of the Gospels to this strong armed, punishing God in Revelation. They think Catholics will be thrown into the Lake of Fire. People like John Hagee have written books about this that appear to be “pro-Israel” when in fact they want a war, Armageddon, to happen right after they “save” as many Jews as possible.
He calls the Catholic Church “the whore of Babylon”. He says he doesn’t hate Catholics, or Jews, he just wants them to be more like him. Why should I want more like him?
I read it. Not very compelling
You are welcome. Glad to help.I read it. Not very compelling
I think they read into the scriptures what they think is happening. They are trying to find answers to the chaos. My view is that some of these things are happening because, back in the 1990’s, I read books by good Catholic men who researched these things. I don’t believe everything is a conspiracy in the sense that we think of conspiracy but history points to the push for these things. If you go back and study modern times, that is, from approximately the 1700’s to the present, you see the trends starting with Freemasonry and Marxism spreading into all areas of government and society. Pope Leo XIII’s encyclical, Humanum Genus, excoriates Freemasonry. Why? Because their goals is the overthrow of all Christian Nations and building a world without God. I think that as belief in God wanes, man naturally tries to build a utopia on earth. Man thinks he has all the answers in science, etc. A modern day Tower of Babel.Where in the heck do all these Fundamentalists get the stuff about a “One World Church,” “One World Government,” and “One World Currency” from anyways?
That amazing book is in my library. I tend to favor things in print over something on the web.For a more mature and thourough treatise on the book of the “Revelation of John” - see Scott Hahn’s book “The Lamb’s Supper”.