F
flightkid
Guest
Hello,
My fiance have a tough situation and are rather embarrassed about it…We are engaged and have been living with each other for the past 2 years. Before we moved in with each other we both mutually decided we would save the “sexual life” for marriage as a promise to Christ. I had always heard as a Catholic that living together was sinful. I had just assumed that the Church assumed if you were living together you would be “living the active sexual life style” like a married couple. But my fiance and I did not embrace the sexual lifestyle, but still decided to move in with each other not knowing if it is sinful our not. We have discussed it with our priest in pre-marriage counseling and I have gone to confession for “living together” even though we are not sexually active. We have bought a house together and we cannot change the situation of her moving out now because of financial reasons and so forth. We feel really guilty and I want to recieve Christ in the Eucharist, but I would like some advice please…any thoughts or encouraging words since we are already beyond the point of return by not living with each other now? We are getting married in 8 mths from now…please help and do not judge us…
My fiance have a tough situation and are rather embarrassed about it…We are engaged and have been living with each other for the past 2 years. Before we moved in with each other we both mutually decided we would save the “sexual life” for marriage as a promise to Christ. I had always heard as a Catholic that living together was sinful. I had just assumed that the Church assumed if you were living together you would be “living the active sexual life style” like a married couple. But my fiance and I did not embrace the sexual lifestyle, but still decided to move in with each other not knowing if it is sinful our not. We have discussed it with our priest in pre-marriage counseling and I have gone to confession for “living together” even though we are not sexually active. We have bought a house together and we cannot change the situation of her moving out now because of financial reasons and so forth. We feel really guilty and I want to recieve Christ in the Eucharist, but I would like some advice please…any thoughts or encouraging words since we are already beyond the point of return by not living with each other now? We are getting married in 8 mths from now…please help and do not judge us…