F
Faith1960
Guest
If the haven’t died, aren’t glorified…where ARE they?
I cannot be certain of which saints claimed this but I believe that Elijah and Enoch are in a level of heaven called paradise and they are awaiting the end time fulfillment and the time that they will come and preach against antichrist.Antichrist will have them killed thus this will fulfill scripture that all men die.If the haven’t died, aren’t glorified…where ARE they?
Malachi 4:6- “Lo, I will send you Elijah, the prophet, Before the day of the LORD comes, the great and terrible day, To turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, Lest I come and strike the land with doom.”If the haven’t died, aren’t glorified…where ARE they?
Thanks for posting this.He was in purgatory. Moses died and was buried-purgatory (Deut. 34:5-6). Both he and Elijah, but in a vision both meet Jesus in the glory of His resurrection, an event to which Moses and Elijah have not yet attained (Heb. 11:39). The vision was granted the disciples after Jesus had spoken of the glory of immortality in the coming kingdom.
Heaven was closed, no one could obtain this. All the elect were in purgatory as all sinned.
I thought enoch and elijah hadn’t died.Malachi 4:6- “Lo, I will send you Elijah, the prophet, Before the day of the LORD comes, the great and terrible day, To turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, Lest I come and strike the land with doom.”
Heaven since the Cross, Elijah was seen in the Transfiguration with Moses glorified, which was past-future -in the, I AM -IS -present.
He was in purgatory. Moses died and was buried-purgatory (Deut. 34:5-6). Both he and Elijah, but in a vision both meet Jesus in the glory of His resurrection, an event to which Moses and Elijah have not yet attained (Heb. 11:39). The vision was granted the disciples after Jesus had spoken of the glory of immortality in the coming kingdom.
Heaven was closed, no one could obtain this. All the elect were in purgatory as all sinned.
They didn’t, I’m not sure I understand your thinking here Faith?I thought enoch and elijah hadn’t died.
So they’re alive and well, living upon a cloud or floating around through the air until the end of the world comes?They didn’t, I’m not sure I understand your thinking here Faith?![]()
They are Gods holy people, their immortality is a result of Gods essence-“energy”. Are you saying there’s a scientific dilemma here? I don’t see where?So they’re alive and well, living upon a cloud or floating around through the air until the end of the world comes?
Nobody is floating around. They are in Heaven.So they’re alive and well, living upon a cloud or floating around through the air until the end of the world comes?
St. John Paul Il said “heaven, hell and purgatory are states of being of a spirit or human soul, rather than places as commonly perceived and represented in human language.”They are Gods holy people, their immortality is a result of Gods essence-“energy”. Are you saying there’s a scientific dilemma here? I don’t see where?
No human body is in Heaven nor ever will be in Heaven. They are there in their glorified bodies - like the ones that Jesus and Mary have.St. John Paul Il said “heaven, hell and purgatory are states of being of a spirit or human soul, rather than places as commonly perceived and represented in human language.”
So how can two human bodies be there?
It was my understanding that they didn’t die and aren’t in their glorified bodies. Is that wrong?No human body is in Heaven nor ever will be in Heaven. They are there in their glorified bodies - like the ones that Jesus and Mary have.
I don’t know there is official teaching on this, its a conversation in consideration of Jesus Christs decent and ascent. But I don’t know a reason why they wouldn’t be in the communion of saints as they are honored in the church.It was my understanding that they didn’t die and aren’t in their glorified bodies. Is that wrong?
What does that mean with Enoch and Elijah? Did they die and be become glorified? I don’t think it says.Thomas Aquinas
newadvent.org/summa/4045.htm
“Christ wished to be transfigured in order to show men His glory, and to arouse men to a desire of it, as stated above (Article 1). Now men are brought to the glory of eternal beatitude by Christ–not only those who lived after Him, but also those who preceded Him; therefore, when He was approaching His Passion, both “the multitude that followed” and that “which went before, cried saying: ‘Hosanna,’” as related Matthew 21:9, beseeching Him, as it were, to save them. Consequently it was fitting that witnesses should be present from among those who preceded Him–namely, Moses and Elias–and from those who followed after Him–namely, Peter, James, and John–that “in the mouth of two or three witnesses” this word might stand.”
It doesn’t it leaves the point open as to pre-post resurrection. Death is absolute? I don’t follow?What does that mean with Enoch and Elijah? Did they die and be become glorified? I don’t think it says.
I guess I’ll wait for more replies. I’ve always thought that Enoch and Elijah were taken to Heaven but had not tasted death.It doesn’t it leaves the point open as to pre-post resurrection. Death is absolute? I don’t follow?
Your basing your assumptions on faulty Scripture exegesis rather than on Church doctrine.I guess I’ll wait for more replies. I’ve always thought that Enoch and Elijah were taken to Heaven but had not tasted death.