Entropy, life and teleology

• Thread starter Thread starter Neithan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darwinists cannot account for how Life came to Form from Non-Life.
Nor can Creationists. Creationists start with a living God, so they ‘explain’ life by assuming life already exists. Not really a satisfactory answer.

I meant there would be nothing physical for entropy to do: nothing would exist for the laws of thermodynamics to be measurable.
Just a very minor objection here - entropy can never be “fully achieved”. There will always be a little further out for matter to disperse (assumably) and absolute zero energy is only a theoretical state. It can’t actually be accomplished. In order for matter to drop fully and truly to 0 Kelvin it would have to donate energy to something colder than 0 Kelvin. As this doesn’t exist, absolute zero is like a limit you learned about in calculus. We can approach it but we can never fully get there.
Our present epistemology cannot explain it though. Or there would not be a paradox.
Epistemology always assumes “why” exists, thus necessitating itself.

“Whys” are mostly human constructs, particularly when they’re metaphysical. They probably just don’t exist.

The reason/meaning/purpose of life is probably “life”. “Just because it could”.

No different from the answer to “Why is that crater at that spot on the moon?”.

Most of the time, “how?” is as good as we can hope to know.

Last edited:
Eventually everything that materialism cannot explain is “brute.” Just there. That’s otherwise known as begging the question.
That’s the eventual home of each and every argument every made in the total history of arguments.

You eventually get down the the absolute base axioms, which you can accept or reject.

Absolutely, positively no exceptions.

The more apparent and demonstrable of these we call “Brute Facts”, but as the horse refused to drink from the river, you can refuse to acknowledge brute facts.

As an aside, I’ll just make fun of you for it 😆

Last edited:
As a complete aside, you remind me SO MUCH of me when I was still religious.

I did the same stuff you’re doing. Asked the same questions.

Nothing intended here. Just an observation. Nice to see my younger self still live in others =)

The more apparent and demonstrable of these we call “Brute Facts”, but as the horse refused to drink from the river, you can refuse to acknowledge brute facts.
This looks like another interesting discussion topic! You need an “ultimate brute fact” if you limit necessity to factual or existential necessity. I don’t think that’s the same thing as a “base axiom” though, or logical necessity. Materialism arbitrarily limits both of these to suit its metaphysical preferences.
Nothing intended here. Just an observation. Nice to see my younger self still live in others =)
Lord, have mercy. 😆

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back