Epiphany Proclamation

  • Thread starter Thread starter benedictgal
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My church has never done this proclamation. I don’t know if I should bring it up or just let it go.
 
My church has never done this proclamation. I don’t know if I should bring it up or just let it go.
It may not hurt. It is a beautiful and ancient practice. I was surprised that my pastor was amenable to the Christmas proclamation. The link is in a pdf format with the notes (which are set to a chant mode).
 
It may not hurt. It is a beautiful and ancient practice. I was surprised that my pastor was amenable to the Christmas proclamation. The link is in a pdf format with the notes (which are set to a chant mode).
I didn’t know such a thing existed. Could you post the .pdf ? Thanks!

MonFrere
 
Wow! I had never even heard of the Epiphany Proclamation, yet I can see that it would be a most beautiful practice to (re)introduce. I may suggest it if I’m talking to the curate during the week!
 
Indeed, at our parish we are doing the Proclamation of the Date of Easter:)! It’s slightly more challenging than the Proclamation of the Birth of Christ (having just done that at the Midnight Mass) but not tough. Both are beautiful and well worth doing!
 
I chanted the the Proclamation of the Birth of Christ at the Christmas Vigil and Midnight Mass but I have never heard of this at least the voice range is fairly descent. I transposed the Proclamation of the Birth of Christ to a lower key so it was more suited for my range. There is a mp3 of the Epiphany 2009 musicasacra.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1284
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top