S
smead2942
Guest
I fully understand the Church’s position on salvation. We are saved by the blood of Jesus, but that salvation is not absolute. We can choose to separate ourselves from that and enter a state of sin, which is why the Sacrament of Reconciliation is absolutely necessary. No one knows who goes to Heaven and who does not; we can only hope that we may die in a state of grace and by the mercy of God, be granted admission into the heavenly Kingdom.
It seems like most so-called “non-denominational” Christians believe in eternal security/osas, that is salvation is absolute and no matter what we do, nothing can prevent us from entering Heaven as long as we believe in Jesus. While Catholics pray for the souls of the dead, they don’t, and instead pray for the families. I think this is also due to the fact that they believe everyone is saved, and that our prayers have no effect on that.
As I said, I understand the Church’s belief, but I have trouble refuting those who adhere to OSAS. I know it’s an unbiblical man-made doctrine, but can’t seem to point out why. Can you please provide some good scripture-based counter arguments? Thank you
It seems like most so-called “non-denominational” Christians believe in eternal security/osas, that is salvation is absolute and no matter what we do, nothing can prevent us from entering Heaven as long as we believe in Jesus. While Catholics pray for the souls of the dead, they don’t, and instead pray for the families. I think this is also due to the fact that they believe everyone is saved, and that our prayers have no effect on that.
As I said, I understand the Church’s belief, but I have trouble refuting those who adhere to OSAS. I know it’s an unbiblical man-made doctrine, but can’t seem to point out why. Can you please provide some good scripture-based counter arguments? Thank you