I
imadesomanymist
Guest
Does the catholic church teach once saved always saved? In the bible it says no one born of god will practice e sin, but the catholic church says we are children of god when we are baptiIzed so wouldn’t that mean we are really not been born of god if we are baptiZed and continue sin.
I have seen some protestent sites say once saved always saved. But there is this scary verse
I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. John 15:1-6
Which leads me to think there is no way there can be once saved always saved but does the catholic church say that?
I have seen some protestent sites say once saved always saved. But there is this scary verse
I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. John 15:1-6
Which leads me to think there is no way there can be once saved always saved but does the catholic church say that?