I just want to encourage you in persisting in Eucharistic Adoration. There will be times that I sit there and feel nothing (more often than not) and wonder if I am wasting my time and His. My intention is to be there with Him. He honors that.
Don’t expect ‘bells and whistles’, perse, but if they come, thank Him.
The greatest graces that come from Adoration are
usually later, although they are within a short period of time, for me anyway.
Some of the graces you may expect are greater Faith, Hope and Love entering into your life both for Him and for other people.
And He will give you infused knowledge that He shares JUST with you alone; it may be something you may not be able to share with anyone else because you can’t explain it. If you are converting you probably already know what I mean by that. That doesn’t make you better than someone else; just special enough in His eyes to share that part of Himself with you.
Maybe others can share with you some of what they have received with Eucharistic Adoration?
As your initial prayers before the Blessed Sacrament, you might also wish to consider saying the prayers of the Guardian Angel at Fatima, and in addition the Divine Praises which are to be found in your church missalette, usually in the back of the book. The Divine Praises were a part of Eucharistic Adoration not so many years ago and still are said at the end of public Eucharistic Adoration in many churches, usually those that have senior priests conducting the services.
Prayer of the Guardian Angel at Fatima
Oh my God, I believe in You, I Hope in You,
I Love You and I Adore You.
I beg forgiveness for all those who do not believe in You,
who do not hope in You, do not love You, nor adore You.
Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore You profoundly,
I offer You the Most Precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity
of Jesus Christ, present in all tabernacles of the world,
in reparation for the outrages, indifferences and sacrileges
by which He is most offended.
By the Infinite merits of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of You
the conversion of all poor sinners.
Amen
The Divine Praises
Blessed be God.
Blessed be His Holy Name.
Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true Man.
Blessed be the Name of Jesus.
Blessed be His Most Sacred Heart.
Blessed be His Most Precious Blood.
Blessed be Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Blessed be the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete.
Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary most Holy.
Blessed be her Holy and Immaculate Conception.
Blessed be her Glorious Assumption.
Blessed be the Name of Mary, Virgin and Mother.
Blessed be St. Joseph, her most chaste spouse.
Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints.
May the Heart of Jesus, in the Most Blessed Sacrament,
Be Praised, Adored and Loved, with grateful affection
At every moment, in all the Tabernacles of the world,
even until the end of time.
Amen
God Bless,
dona