F
FlowerOfMountCarmel
Guest
Hi! This is my first post, and hopefully not my last. I had a question about this topic and I figured that if any community was going to ‘know’ the answer, it would be this one!
I’m a PhD student working from home, and I also have a few issues with poor mental health, such as depression and feeling unable to concentrate on what I’m doing. Anyway, I was wondering if I could use a live-streamed Eucharistic adoration website and keep it open on my screen while I was working. I want to live the message of ‘Pray constantly’, and this way, if I’ve got a constant visual Real Presence, I’d feel a lot calmer (I do when I stream the Blessed Sacrament because none of my local parishes offer Eucharistic Adoration like they do elsewhere), I could keep working to the best of my ability and offering it up to Jesus, and just look up to see Him near me. It’s hard to maintain the aspect of constant mental prayer, and study, so a visual prompt would work very well for me. What I’d worry about, though, is ‘ignoring’ Him - I’m not, I’m trying to share my day/work with Him as much as I can.
Anyway, that’s the question and the intentions I have behind it, I’d be very grateful for your insight!
I’m a PhD student working from home, and I also have a few issues with poor mental health, such as depression and feeling unable to concentrate on what I’m doing. Anyway, I was wondering if I could use a live-streamed Eucharistic adoration website and keep it open on my screen while I was working. I want to live the message of ‘Pray constantly’, and this way, if I’ve got a constant visual Real Presence, I’d feel a lot calmer (I do when I stream the Blessed Sacrament because none of my local parishes offer Eucharistic Adoration like they do elsewhere), I could keep working to the best of my ability and offering it up to Jesus, and just look up to see Him near me. It’s hard to maintain the aspect of constant mental prayer, and study, so a visual prompt would work very well for me. What I’d worry about, though, is ‘ignoring’ Him - I’m not, I’m trying to share my day/work with Him as much as I can.
Anyway, that’s the question and the intentions I have behind it, I’d be very grateful for your insight!