Eucharistic Adoration

  • Thread starter Thread starter rivera01
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was wondering for those who attend Eucharistic Adoration, what do you do in order to hear Our Lord, beside being quiet mentally?
Oooo…I’m supposed to be mentally quiet? Ahhh… like, meditatively quiet? Or just, my skull not being filled with all the noise of the world?

And I think, I wouldn’t mind my brother’s and sister’s praying the Rosary… should they manage to pray in unison. As is, it turns into a sort of blessed din. Which makes praying the Rosary even a challenge.
 
I love Jesus and I love Eucharistic Adoration. It restores my faith when I go and visit my Lord in solitude. I call it my secret place. Many times when I visit there is no one there and I am happy for the times I can share with my King alone. I sing, dance, praise, worship, and adore. I bring my fears, doubts , troubles, innermost secrets and pain. However when others are there I quietly pray or read something that was provided by the parish for such visits. I visit many different parishes and I find I am drawn to the Eucharist. It beckons me. I go when I am troubled or just feel the need in my spirit to worship. I leave feeling lifted. His divine presence fills me. Sometimes I cannot remember why I went or what was troubling me in the first place. I do not think you will hear him speak to you on every occasion. Sometimes when I leave a question I get the answer days or even weeks after in a word, song, a person or at the mass. Sometimes I get no answer however I am comforted and whatever doubts I may have had leaves. I think the key is worship and praise and everything will spiritually fall into place.
 
Adoration is beautiful. I think it should be held daily in all churches but sadly its rarely done it churches here where i live. thankfully the cathedral has it daily. back to the reason im posting.🙂

I usually kneel, cross myself and focus my eyes, mind and heart on our Lord in the host after a few minutes i start thanking him for his love and give him praise. then I norm. follow this with the Most Holy Rosary (i find this to be a supremely peaceful and rewarding combination - adoration/Rosary) then i spent time in loving gaze between myself and our Lord.

just quickly i’d like to add: I have to agree with other users. after spending even a short amount of time in adoration when you leave you do develope a hunger for that time.

Hope my little contribution helps.
 
Adoration is my best meeting with the Lord Jesus.
I adore anywhere I am, I cannot get enough actually.
I loved to adore our God, this is the first thing I do
when I get up in the morning. From my window, I can
see the beauty of His creation and what He is doing
in my life and to all my loved ones.
Friday is Adoration day in my Parish Church.
I loved to go and meet our Lord Jesus in a very special
way. Sitting down there infront of The Eucharist in
complete silence I feel His presence in my heart.
I am very emotional and I let it go, I feel great afterwards.
I can feel His presence especially when I need Him most,
in difficult times…I am comforted.
God bless!
:love:
 
Adoration is my best meeting with the Lord Jesus.
I adore anywhere I am, I cannot get enough actually.
I loved to adore our God, this is the first thing I do
when I get up in the morning. From my window, I can
see the beauty of His creation and what He is doing
in my life and to all my loved ones.
Friday is Adoration day in my Parish Church.
I loved to go and meet our Lord Jesus in a very special
way. Sitting down there infront of The Eucharist in
complete silence I feel His presence in my heart.
I am very emotional and I let it go, I feel great afterwards.
I can feel His presence especially when I need Him most,
in difficult times…I am comforted.
God bless!
:love:
Nice to find someone who speaks my language!

🙂
 
Hi, I was wondering for those who attend Eucharistic Adoration, what do you do in order to hear Our Lord, beside being quiet mentally?
Spiritual reading or writing while in the chapel has been helpful to me. I imagine listening to music could be nice too- I wouldn’t do this unless I was alone in the chapel though- I wouldn’t want to disturb others
 
Sunday at my parish we had a couple of hours of adoration before praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Confessions were also being heard during adoration. I was really looking forward to adoration. There was Jesus in the monstrance and a deep silence in the church. It lasted maybe fifteen minutes. I guess fifteen minutes was all the silence that some could stand, because somebody started the rosary.

Now, please do not misunderstand me, I love the rosary, but I love silence in front of the Eucharist more. It just spoiled everything for me. I can’t concentrate on Jesus with so much noise going on. And it wasn’t just the simple Rosary either, they added extra prayers at the end of evey decade. I’m sure it was a great blessing for them, and I don’t begrudge them that. But it distracted me virtually to tears.
We had this on Divine Mercy Sunday, too. The silence was not just silence, it was as if the silence truly were a fountain of pure living water, and it was tangible. It was extremely and deeply peaceful. Unfortunately, my 4-year old daughter made a few small sounds once or twice at the back of the Church. They were not loud, but when it’s that silent you hear everything. I felt bad, but I wanted my children to be there in the presence of Jesus and His mercy on that day, so I don’t regret taking her.
 
We had this on Divine Mercy Sunday, too. The silence was not just silence, it was as if the silence truly were a fountain of pure living water, and it was tangible. It was extremely and deeply peaceful. Unfortunately, my 4-year old daughter made a few small sounds once or twice at the back of the Church. They were not loud, but when it’s that silent you hear everything. I felt bad, but I wanted my children to be there in the presence of Jesus and His mercy on that day, so I don’t regret taking her.
Occasional little sounds from children shouldn’t bother anyone. It’s not as though a child was running up and down the aisle going WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Where else will a child learn reverence and how to be quiet if not in church?

I know what you mean about silence making everything louder. I have a leather purse, how much noise can a leather purse make? Until the metal clasp hits the pew and the sound echoes off the walls and ceiling. I also like to carry things in plastic bags, (re-used grocery bags, you know? make the world a better place by not throwing things out that can be used again, right?) until I used one to carry my devotional books in to adoration. It is astonishing how much noise plastic bags make, even when you’re not touching them!!

So don’t worry about the occasional noise and keep bringing the little one’s to adoration.
 
Occasional little sounds from children shouldn’t bother anyone. It’s not as though a child was running up and down the aisle going WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Where else will a child learn reverence and how to be quiet if not in church?

I know what you mean about silence making everything louder. I have a leather purse, how much noise can a leather purse make? Until the metal clasp hits the pew and the sound echoes off the walls and ceiling. I also like to carry things in plastic bags, (re-used grocery bags, you know? make the world a better place by not throwing things out that can be used again, right?) until I used one to carry my devotional books in to adoration. It is astonishing how much noise plastic bags make, even when you’re not touching them!!

So don’t worry about the occasional noise and keep bringing the little one’s to adoration.
It’s so true about little sounds and noises we normally do not even notice except during Adoration. Recently it became warmer then usual before the AC clicked on. There was only 3 of us in the Church (It was the main church and not the adoration chapel which is small) and a lady who was not exactly close to me started fanning herself with a piece of paper, it made quite a racket that you would not normally notice. Zippers are loud as well, as just shuffling through ones purse! But I cannot think of anything more pleasant then of the little sounds a child might make.
 
At my parish we have 24 hour adoration in our chapel. The door is cypher locked and you need a code during the evening hours. We have times that we have selected. For me, it depends on the day. I do try to quiet my mind and chase out the random thoughts, meaning I try to listen. I try to pray the rosary and/or the divine mercy chaplet. I try not to read because I would rather listen and sit with God. Others do and it works for them and I am not against it, At this point in time it doesn’t work for me.

I don’t limit God’s time to talk to me to my time in the chapel. I may pray there today, but God may answer me some other time and some other place. I just try to remain open.

The other day I asked for guidance and for direction. I then went to an appointment with a potential customer later that day. The client wasn’t home and I was somewaht frustrated until, as I drove off I looked down the street and saw the mailboxes which looked like little crosses all up and down the street. It was very comforting. Not the burning bush and voice from the sky I wanted, but comforting.

I hope that helps.
 
We had this on Divine Mercy Sunday, too. The silence was not just silence, it was as if the silence truly were a fountain of pure living water, and it was tangible. It was extremely and deeply peaceful. Unfortunately, my 4-year old daughter made a few small sounds once or twice at the back of the Church. They were not loud, but when it’s that silent you hear everything. I felt bad, but I wanted my children to be there in the presence of Jesus and His mercy on that day, so I don’t regret taking her.
the silence is beautiful but i think sometimes when you have the silence plus random noises of young children it can add to the atmosphere. speaking as young person (22) I think it can also be a wonderful thing - knowing that the young kids are involved. So i think you def did the right thing bringing your daughter along :).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top