Eve's herbs

  • Thread starter Thread starter budgie2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

budgie2

Guest
I’m reading a book called Eve’s Herbs, a history of contraception and abortion in the West by John M Riddle which is available on amazon. It contains information about herbal birth control methods (ie herbal remedies), many of which are in our food today including figs, dates, pomegranate, bitter almonds, death carrot (or wild carrot), rue and mint, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.

The methods of birth control may relate to the apple of Sodom which is based on this story in Kings 2 4:38-41.

38 When Elisha returned to Gilgal, there was a famine in the land. As the sons of the prophets were sitting before him, he said to his servant, “Put on the large pot and boil stew for the sons of the prophets.” 39 Then one went out into the field to gather herbs, and found a wild vine and gathered from it his lap full of wild gourds, and came and sliced them into the pot of stew, for they did not know what they were. 40 So they poured it out for the men to eat. And it came about as they were eating of the stew, that they cried out and said, “O man of God, there is death in the pot.” And they were unable to eat.

I’m writing my own theology on original sin aswell. Some non-Christian foods like curry and tagine may contain the forbidden fruit of the Garden of Eden or the apple of Sodom (bitter gourds).

indobase.com/recipes/details/bitter-gourd-curry.php
 
Some non-Christian foods like curry and tagine may contain the forbidden fruit of the Garden of Eden or the apple of Sodom (bitter gourds).
Non-Christian foods??:eek:

You mean there are Christian foods??:confused:

Foods that believe in Jesus our Savior are Christian foods, I assume…😉
and foods that reject Jesus or have not yet learned of Jesus are non-Christian foods…😛

:rolleyes:

So Christians can’t eat food with curry? Or a Morocan stew, which is basically what tagine is…

(ducking for the black helicopters…):rolleyes:
 
Non-Christian foods??:eek:

You mean there are Christian foods??:confused:

Foods that believe in Jesus our Savior are Christian foods, I assume…😉
and foods that reject Jesus or have not yet learned of Jesus are non-Christian foods…😛

:rolleyes:

So Christians can’t eat food with curry? Or a Morocan stew, which is basically what tagine is…

(ducking for the black helicopters…):rolleyes:
So I guess we can’t go to the Kosher Deli anymore…😦 😉
 
And we can completely forget about those Kosher Dill pickles…😦
…and Matzo Ball soup…(my son will be heartbroken - he LOVES Matzo Ball soup!).😛
You’re relatively safe with Jewish food as it’s Biblical food and some Jews might have a better diet than Christians. The most Catholic food in the world is Italian food. Four seasons pizza is symbolic of the Eucharist. The bread is flat and round like the Eucharist, the tomato sauce represents the blood of Christ, the cheese represents Mary’s milk and is a fertility food and four seasons represent the cross. The least Christian foods are Muslim, Native American, Chinese and some African foods.
 
You’re relatively safe with Jewish food as it’s Biblical food and some Jews might have a better diet than Christians. The most Catholic food in the world is Italian food. Four seasons pizza is symbolic of the Eucharist. The bread is flat and round like the Eucharist, the tomato sauce represents the blood of Christ, the cheese represents Mary’s milk and is a fertility food and four seasons represent the cross. The least Christian foods are Muslim, Native American, Chinese and some African foods.
You gotta be kidding me…seriously?

How in THE WORLD can FOOD be “non Christian”?? Seriously…this is ridiculous.:rolleyes:
 
You’re relatively safe with Jewish food as it’s Biblical food and some Jews might have a better diet than Christians. The most Catholic food in the world is Italian food. Four seasons pizza is symbolic of the Eucharist. The bread is flat and round like the Eucharist, the tomato sauce represents the blood of Christ, the cheese represents Mary’s milk and is a fertility food and four seasons represent the cross. The least Christian foods are Muslim, Native American, Chinese and some African foods.
whatever

you do realize this is a Catholic forum, not a fundamentalist forum

and people criticize the Catholic Church for warning against the dangers of private interpretation of scripture, go figure.
 
13 And there came a voice to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” 14 But Peter said, “No, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.” 15 And the voice came to him again a second time, “What God has cleansed, you must not call common.” 16 This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven.
Acts 10:13-16
 
So I re-read the OP. Did anyone catch this?
I’m writing my own theology on original sin aswell.
:eek:

How can you write your own theology? Well, I suppose anyone can write their own theology, but that does not make that theology believeable or correct! Since you are writing your own theology, are you planning on starting your own church as well?:confused:

BTW, had Scotch eggs for dinner this evening…hardboiled eggs and pork sausage with cheese sauce ladeled ever it…Mmmmm, mmmmm good. Frankly, I don’t care if this food believed in God or not. I do, and I ate it, so it is now inside me digesting.👍
 
whatever

you do realize this is a Catholic forum, not a fundamentalist forum

and people criticize the Catholic Church for warning against the dangers of private interpretation of scripture, go figure.
Sorry to criticize you, but Catholic food is the best food on Earth.

If a woman is in an arranged marriage and lives in a harem her food could be designed to bump off her husband, another wife, or a child. A good Catholic wife cooks the food of love.
 
Sorry to criticize you, but Catholic food is the best food on Earth.

If a woman is in an arranged marriage and lives in a harem her food could be designed to bump off her husband, another wife, or a child. A good Catholic wife cooks the food of love.
Uh, yeah, whatever.

I am still confused about this believing and unbelieving food. Budgie, you do a very poor job of communicating. You are not clear. You seem to do a drive-by posting, and then disappear.

What if a “good Catholic wife” does not like to cook?? Not all do, you know! Sometimes, the husband cooks. Does this change the rules?

Now, I’m thinking Chinese takeout for dinner tonight…I really love the egg rolls, kung pao chicken, lo mein, fried rice…Mmmmmmm.

BTW, what’s a “muslim” food? Does it stay covered all the time, as in a “covered dish” supper that is so common at my parent’s church? Does it pray at prescribed times during the day? Please explain that one!
 
Uh, yeah, whatever.

I am still confused about this believing and unbelieving food. Budgie, you do a very poor job of communicating. You are not clear. You seem to do a drive-by posting, and then disappear.

What if a “good Catholic wife” does not like to cook?? Not all do, you know! Sometimes, the husband cooks. Does this change the rules?

Now, I’m thinking Chinese takeout for dinner tonight…I really love the egg rolls, kung pao chicken, lo mein, fried rice…Mmmmmmm.

BTW, what’s a “muslim” food? Does it stay covered all the time, as in a “covered dish” supper that is so common at my parent’s church? Does it pray at prescribed times during the day? Please explain that one!
Maybe you should reconsider and get a holy pizza? Just make sure the pizza man puts no parsley or rosemary in the sauce.

BTW…someone should contact the Food Network and tell Giada that her Italian cooking might not be that holy. I know I’ve seen recepies with figs, dates, pomegranate, bitter almonds, mint, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.

😉
 
Maybe you should reconsider and get a holy pizza? Just make sure the pizza man puts no parsley or rosemary in the sauce.

BTW…someone should contact the Food Network and tell Giada that her Italian cooking might not be that holy. I know I’ve seen recepies with figs, dates, pomegranate, bitter almonds, mint, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.

😉
Ya know, I had forgotten about the figs and dates…I love to eat those at Christmas. My boys just had a pomegranate’s seeds a few weeks ago…now they must be going to the dark side!

I am GROWING mint in my garden!!! Oh no!! Catnip is a mint also growing in my garden…my cats love catnip…they must be evil too!! (although some would argue all cats are evil regardless if they like catnip or not!)

And all that Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme…well, no more Simon & Garfunkel either I guess (and my 15 year old has just discovered the awesomeness of their music…).

Does this mean no more sage seasoned stuffing in the Thanksgiving turkey?
No rosemary on my grilled chicken?
 
Sorry to criticize you, but Catholic food is the best food on Earth.

If a woman is in an arranged marriage and lives in a harem her food could be designed to bump off her husband, another wife, or a child. A good Catholic wife cooks the food of love.
and this has what to do with either OP or my reply?
 
You’re relatively safe with Jewish food as it’s Biblical food and some Jews might have a better diet than Christians. The most Catholic food in the world is Italian food. Four seasons pizza is symbolic of the Eucharist. The bread is flat and round like the Eucharist, the tomato sauce represents the blood of Christ, the cheese represents Mary’s milk and is a fertility food and four seasons represent the cross. The least Christian foods are Muslim, Native American, Chinese and some African foods.
I think this is funny and rather provocative topic, but really Italian food is more descriptive than religious to my way of thinking, for example the names of different types of pastas: Vermicelli - little worms, spaghetti - little twines, capellini - little hairs, bucatini - little holed ones, fusillli lunghi - long rifles, capelli d’angelo - angel hair, linguine - little tongues…etc.

Not to mention that Italian food is delicious and heathy!

Now there are some foods that are Christian, such as Hot Cross Buns, lamb, fish, wine and bread. But Muslims also eat lamb and fish and bread!
 
BTW, what’s a “muslim” food? Does it stay covered all the time, as in a “covered dish” supper that is so common at my parent’s church? Does it pray at prescribed times during the day? Please explain that one!
I suppose so - when it’s not busy strapping bombs to itself :eek:

I suppose by that logic there must also be Buddhist food that shaves its head, sits in a corner and meditates, Confucian food that constantly speaks all sorts of oriental wisdom, Universal Unitarian food (a homogenous brown sludge that consists of anything and everything mashed up and pureed all together - inoffensive, but has no flavour or texture) and the like.

Hehe - I can just imagine all the Jewish food wearing teeny little yarmulkes and prayer shawls, so cute 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top