K
Kay_Henson
Guest
Unless you have a satellite reciver or digital cable you may no longer be able get EWTN. We in Jefferson county, Al. (home county to EWTN studios), lost our feed this past week. When contacting Charter cable I was told EWTN forced them to change by going to a digital signal. I guess we are to believe ABC, ESPN or MTV dosn’t broadcast on a digital signal, they are all still on the regular line-up. Next call I was told EWTN requested to be placed on a digital signal in order to make more money.(Broadcast companies pay studios in order to carry their signal). EWTN is free, always has been. Mother Angelica set it up that way. Why should we pay more for what they get free? There are a lot of people on fixed incomes that can’t afford to pay more fo T.V. There are also a lot of people who for whatever reason cannot physically attend mass, at least this way they can watch it. Each call I make I get a slightly different answer. My husband spoke to the marketing manager at EWTN. That’s when we found out this is being done all over the country.EWTN has not changed anything according to their manager. In speaking with a sympathetic Charter cable employee I found out Catholic stations were not the only ones one the chopping block. Trinity Broadcasting is sceduled to be taken off the first of next year. I am pleading with eveyone to help save EWTN for all those who can’t afford to pay extra. Charter cable told me if I wanted to see EWTN I would have to get a digital box. I am responding by canceling my cable and getting a satellite dish. Please call your cable company, not just once, but 10 times a day if possible. Tell everyone you know what is going on and enlist their help. I can’t do this alone just as George Washington couldn’t win the Revolutionary War alone, but with the help of others he forged a new nation. Let’s get EWTN back! By the way, in this area there is now MTV-2 where there was once EWTN. Makes one wonder who is really running the cable companies, could it be…SATAN??? God bless you all.