Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BasBleu

(Also posted in Apologetics Forum)

Hi Friends,

I picked up the evening paper last night to find this ad:

EX-PRIEST TO SPEAK AT FRIENDSHIP BAPTIST CHURCH

Basically the add describes a former Jesuit priest who “after several years of contrasting Catholicism to Biblical truth” was “convicted by the Gospel message in 1986” and “saved by God’s marvelous grace.” He has founded an evangelical Catholic ministry (www.bereanbeacon.org) and will be coming to a church near my home town. You are encouraged to “bring family and friends to hear Biblical talks on Catholicism” April 22-24.

In a word, :eek: !

I desperately want to hear what this man has to say and DEFEND the faith, but am woesomely (is that a word?) unprepared to do so. I know there are a few of you out there who live in the Rome/Utica, NY area. Can to team up? Anyone else offer advice? I don’t want to launch at attack, but how can I let this pass by my doorstep?

I don’t think I really have the guts to take on an ex-priest and roomful of hostile Baptists, but I wish I did. Pray for this man (and me)!

I say find some Priests and bring them along.It is so sad when “ex-Priests” feel the need to do this.:mad:

Yes, ask a parish priest if he’d like to attend with you. Or ask several! Get a busload of parishioners as well.

40.png
mommy:
Yes, ask a parish priest if he’d like to attend with you. Or ask several! Get a busload of parishioners as well.
Hey that’s a great idea! Wouldn’t that be funny if the whole audience was made up of orthodox Catholics ready for battle… :rotfl:

40.png
BasBleu:
I don’t think I really have the guts to take on an ex-priest and roomful of hostile Baptists, but I wish I did. Pray for this man (and me)!
I don’t think anyone would blame you if you don’t go alone, but try to get others to go with you. If it is God’s wish others will want to go. If I lived near you I would definitely go with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back