Ex-Sedevacantist Nuns WEBSITE

• Thread starter Thread starter RUINATION_IPA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RUINATION_IPA

I was just informed of the website of the Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church; the official website of the 15 ex-sedevacantist Sisters who left Mt. St. Michael’s in Spokane, WA and were reconciled with the Church.

Here is their website:

sistersofmarymc.org

I can’t think of a better group of nuns deserving of our support; prayerfully and financially. Please consider making them part of your monthly charitable contributions. They are still discerning their primary apostolate and could use all they help and support they can get.

Thanks,

-Brian

😃 Glad to see the Sisters are doing well.I noticed they changed the habit a bit.I’ll have to write them and send them a little something.

Great story.

Now, I have a question.

I know a man, who was a Catholic up until his early twenties. He went to the Episcopal Church and became a Priest. Then reverted . He wanted to be a Priest in the RCC (which I think some are being allowed), however, he was not allowed because he left in his twenties.

There is also a Russian Orthodox Priest that I know. He too, left the RCC as a young man, became a Priest in the Russian Church and now wants to convert back to RCC…I don’t think it’s looking good for him as well.

So…does this not apply to Religious Sisters as well?

maybe I should start another thread, but it is kinda on topic.

Does anyone know the rules to situations like this?

Great story.

Now, I have a question.

I know a man, who was a Catholic up until his early twenties. He went to the Episcopal Church and became a Priest. Then reverted . He wanted to be a Priest in the RCC (which I think some are being allowed), however, he was not allowed because he left in his twenties.

There is also a Russian Orthodox Priest that I know. He too, left the RCC as a young man, became a Priest in the Russian Church and now wants to convert back to RCC…I don’t think it’s looking good for him as well.

Umm . . . Holy Orders is an entirely different matter from religious consecration? I dunno; just the first thought that came to mind.

JSA+

I was just informed of the website of the Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church; the official website of the 15 ex-sedevacantist Sisters who left Mt. St. Michael’s in Spokane, WA and were reconciled with the Church.

Here is their website:

sistersofmarymc.org

I can’t think of a better group of nuns deserving of our support; prayerfully and financially. Please consider making them part of your monthly charitable contributions. They are still discerning their primary apostolate and could use all they help and support they can get.

Thanks,

-Brian
They are a wonderful group of sisters. I had the opportunity to meet briefly with them while I was in Spokane a bit over a year ago. Yes do most certainly keep them in your prayers and the website is wonderful!

Great story.

Now, I have a question.

I do not know of the definitive rules (if there are any), but I think the Russian Orthodox priest would have a good chance of keeping his Holy Orders, since he recieved them validly in a fully apostolic church.

I noticed they changed the habit a bit.

**When the Missionaries of Charity came to the Diocese of Spokane, the Bishop charged them to particarly pray for the sedevacantist sisters. They did–both collectively and by individual names.

You see the results!

When the Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church were reconciled, they adopted the white veil with blue edge from the Missionaries of Charity.**

I do not know of the definitive rules (if there are any), but I think the Russian Orthodox priest would have a good chance of keeping his Holy Orders, since he recieved them validly in a fully apostolic church.
Yes; the Catholic Church recognizes the sacraments of the Orthodox Churches, so anyone ordained a priest in the ROC is a priest. And, if that priest reconciles himself to Rome, he remains a priest.

And since Episcopal ordinations are NOT valid, the person in the other example is still a layman, so there isn’t really anything stopping him from entering seminary and becoming a priest. The only issue is how much, if any, he may be allowed to skip based on his previous experience.

Great story.

Now, I have a question.

In both the cases you mention I don’t think there is any problem with the men reverting to the Catholic faith. They should speak to their bishop about becoming a priest/ continuing to act as a priest in the Catholic church. I don’t see that there would be a problem unless they have married. In that case, it might well appear that they had left the church in order to marry and accepting them as priests would reward that behavior and might be unfair to others. In the situation of the Russian Orthodox priest, there might well be other considerations concerning the rites. Of course, he is a priest but it would be up to a bishop if he is permitted to exercise his priesthood and which rite he would be accepted into.

Here is their website:

sistersofmarymc.org

Thanks,

-Brian
I heard about them and I wrote an article about them on my French website, it will be published in a fortnight.
I’m so touched by these nuns and their journey… They did so good to go back to the Holy Father, as Sedevacantists are isolated from everyone (I wouldn’t compare it to Orthodoxy)
I will support them, not with financial aid but by talking about them, and if God ever lets me go to America,** they’ll be the first congregation I shall visit!**
I trust in Him. Maybe He might give me the opportunity…🤷 But I’m so in love with their charism and the new congregation - so much better than the Sede one… 😦 which is sad and very harsh, but let’s respect every children of God. May the fifty other nuns who didn’t leave Mount St Michael be blessed as well, even though they didn’t go back to the Holy Father.

A priest told us years ago that if a Catholic man leaves the Church to seek orders outside of Her and later decides he wants to return, he cannot function as a priest only as a layman.

A priest told us years ago that if a Catholic man leaves the Church to seek orders outside of Her and later decides he wants to return, he cannot function as a priest only as a layman.
I personally know a man who was raised in the Latin Church, converted to Orthodoxy where he was ordained a priest, and now is a practicing Ukrainian Catholic priest.

Please do not resurrect old threads. If the topic is of interest to you, please start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back