Exams and miserable

  • Thread starter Thread starter mouse_has_faith
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is good news: all my papers, projects, and missed work is truned in. Three exams and then…I think I can hear strains of “Pomp and Circumstance”
 
There is good news: all my papers, projects, and missed work is truned in. Three exams and then…I think I can hear strains of “Pomp and Circumstance”
Hehe … that’s what I felt like when my final university results were released 🙂 ‘Land of Hope and Glory’ indeed!
 
Hey Mouse,
Congrats! Whew, over and done with for this semester…May God guide you throughout the year…Merry Christmas…Warmly, Sis in Christ, LynneMarie
 
I want to thank everyone who has been praying. By the grace of God, I have completed my degree. God bless and keep all of you!
 
Thanks LynneMarie!
Hehe … that’s what I felt like when my final university results were released ‘Land of Hope and Glory’ indeed!
Mine come out on Friday, so in 3 days’ time.
I want to thank everyone who has been praying. By the grace of God, I have completed my degree.
Now THAT deserves a round of applause! 👍 Great stuff!
 
Hey Mouse,
Congrats! Whew, over and done with for this semester…May God guide you throughout the year…Merry Christmas…Warmly, Sis in Christ, LynneMarie
Congrats on surviving!
I want to thank everyone who has been praying. By the grace of God, I have completed my degree. God bless and keep all of you!
:clapping: :yeah_me: so what letters will you be putting after your name, eh? (that’s a roundabout way of asking what your degree is in)
Mine come out on Friday, so in 3 days’ time.
Only a few sleeps now! My uni sometimes released results early, so you never know, you might not have to wait even that long…
 
Oh cool, what sort of history? I’m doing a BA Hons. Ancient History (specialising in Roman, with Greek subsiduary), but I also love modern history (actually, one of the subjects I did covered a little early modern history [Islam, Byzantium, “barbarian” Europe]). Australian history, the World Wars, Communism and Cold War history, and the medieval period, I find fascinating. And of course, naturally, Byzantium!! 😃
 
At OSU its wierd. We have a Primary Geographical Concentration (Europe) but we were required to take a certain number of classes outside of that area. Wealso needed at least 2 classes pre-1750 and 2 post 1750. For me, most of my classes seemed to bridge the cutoff, so guess you caould call it Late Renaissance/Early Modern Europe, with the greatest emphasis on Russia and England.
 
At OSU its wierd. We have a Primary Geographical Concentration (Europe) but we were required to take a certain number of classes outside of that area. Wealso needed at least 2 classes pre-1750 and 2 post 1750. For me, most of my classes seemed to bridge the cutoff, so guess you caould call it Late Renaissance/Early Modern Europe, with the greatest emphasis on Russia and England.
I think that’s an excellent idea.

My second degree (most students who do law degrees here have to do another degree beforehand/alongside) was in history. While we didn’t have set requirements as to area of history, I made sure to do at least a bit of a few areas - Australian (being Aussie), European (renaissance and modern), Asian (Ancient China and Modern Japan). I think students benefit from having at least a little bit of a spread.
 
I didn’t say it wasn’t good, just somewhat strange and difficult to explain. there are more specific details but unless you actually read them in the departmental handbook they are difficult to explain
 
I didn’t say it wasn’t good, just somewhat strange and difficult to explain. there are more specific details but unless you actually read them in the departmental handbook they are difficult to explain
And I didn’t say that you didn’t say it either 😉 😛
 
I got my results today, and after looking at them I know that everyone’s prayers helped. I did 3 units this semester and got a High Distinction in all of them!!! :eek: Thankyou SOOO much to everyone for your support!!

I’ve just now applied for an archaeological dig next year in Rome (as part of my studies), these marks are going to definently aid my chances of getting a place on the team. 😃
I made sure to do at least a bit of a few areas - Australian (being Aussie),
Good for you! The only modern history subject I’ve done at uni was one on early Australian history, from the late 18th to somewhere in the mid-19th century.
I thought it was a great subject, and I think Australian history deserves more attention, as it is extremely fascinating. If I weren’t doing ancient history, I could happily settle for Australian. I’m happy to see it emerging as a discipline in its own right.
 
I got my results today, and after looking at them I know that everyone’s prayers helped. I did 3 units this semester and got a High Distinction in all of them!!! :eek: Thankyou SOOO much to everyone for your support!!

I’ve just now applied for an archaeological dig next year in Rome (as part of my studies), these marks are going to definently aid my chances of getting a place on the team. 😃

Good for you! The only modern history subject I’ve done at uni was one on early Australian history, from the late 18th to somewhere in the mid-19th century.
I thought it was a great subject, and I think Australian history deserves more attention, as it is extremely fascinating. If I weren’t doing ancient history, I could happily settle for Australian. I’m happy to see it emerging as a discipline in its own right.
Oh well done! :clapping:

I wish I’d gone to a university that offered archeology, classics and ancient history. I’d totally be going on that dig to Rome with you, law degree or not (hey, practicing law can wait if we’re talking pottering around ancient Roman ruins) 😛
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top