G
gcm101
Guest
I play video games on my computer regularly. I find it helps me to relax and get away from the real world for a little bit. I have some friends who I talk to on there, and without them I don’t think I’d be playing nearly as much.
Anyway last night I played for 8 hours straight. I hardly realised that I had been playing for that long. It was the end of the week so I didn’t have anything else to do. I’m not sure whether that would have been a mortal sin but I didn’t realise at the time it may have been, or I would’ve stopped. I didn’t plan to play for that long and I’ve been trying to minimize my video game playing by only playing a couple of hours at a time.
So is excessive video game playing a mortal sin? It’s so hard to draw the line between what’s sinful and what’s not. I play more for the social interaction anyway, not so much the gaming.
Anyway last night I played for 8 hours straight. I hardly realised that I had been playing for that long. It was the end of the week so I didn’t have anything else to do. I’m not sure whether that would have been a mortal sin but I didn’t realise at the time it may have been, or I would’ve stopped. I didn’t plan to play for that long and I’ve been trying to minimize my video game playing by only playing a couple of hours at a time.
So is excessive video game playing a mortal sin? It’s so hard to draw the line between what’s sinful and what’s not. I play more for the social interaction anyway, not so much the gaming.