T
Tantum_ergo
Guest
And remember above all that arguing whether or not a woman ‘can’ act as Christ, or whether or not women are ‘full’ etc has nothing to do with the actual teaching. . .You ask a good question but I can only say she does not have the full “Personhood” that Christ has. This is a philosophical question about “personhood” that I believe the Church uses in determining the liturgical priesthood. At each Mass, Christ is offering Himself to the Father as a person, so a female is not the same type of person as Christ is I believe. These are my answers but I would hope that there are better ones out there. This is not to say each person does not have equal dignity.
The Church has no authority to ordain women.
It just doesn’t.
So the whole ‘issue’ is a non-issue.
God, for whatever reason or reasons (there are probably several) has determined that Catholic Christian priesthood is for men only. God has given us both Scriptural precedent, Sacred Tradition, the Magisterium, and the Holy Spirit’s continued guidance and assurance of truth of this teaching. Because of the above there are several possible reasons, but it all boils down to "This is what God Himself has planned and chosen’.
It has nothing to do with fairness or unfairness, women’s ‘rights’, women’s ‘suitability’, ‘partriarchism’, conspiracies, or anything else what people dredge up to say, “WHY NOT?”. . .