Facebook Mark Zuckerberg Gave $500,000 To Decriminalization All Drugs(Heroin) In Oregon And Initiative Passed

• Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gam197

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/politics/oregon-decriminalize-drugs-trnd/index.html

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2074...0-to-oregon-drug-decriminalization-initiative
Possession of drugs such as heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine will no longer be punishable by jail time, but instead amount to something similar to a traffic ticket.
I am sure he was only one of many silicon money makers that helped pass this.
Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Twitter, Apple, Netflix all contributed to Biden Campaign, one has to wander how much money went into this campaign.

Last edited:
Since all the Covid deaths are trumps fault can we blame zuckerburg for any OD’s in Oregon?

Addiction is an illness not a choice. Sending people to jail for using drugs does no good.

Put more resources into treatment.

Addiction is an illness not a choice. Sending people to jail for using drugs does no good.

Drug dealers do a great deal of damage. Most drug addicts deal in drug selling to support their habit.

48.png
Feanor2:

Drug dealers do a great deal of damage. Most drug addicts deal in drug selling to support their habit.
I could see prosecuting folks with an amount which is clearly for sale. I don’t know what OR laws stands on this but I can’t see jailing drug addicts.

I could see prosecuting folks with an amount which is clearly for sale.
You do realize that the majority of drug dealers are drug addicts. They need to support their habits. They are instrumental in pulling others into drug use.

I mean except for the Drug Cartels

Last edited:
At least he’s spending some of his money in a good way, hope he supports similar efforts in other states.

48.png
Feanor2:
I could see prosecuting folks with an amount which is clearly for sale.
You do realize that the majority of drug dealers are drug addicts. They need to support their habits. They are instrumental in pulling others into drug use.

I mean except for the Drug Cartels
I really don’t believe that is true. Most drug addicts live from one hit to the next.

They lose any competence to successfully sell drugs. They may certainly be engaged in other illegal activity but not selling the drugs they use. The guys dealing in any quantity are not using the product.

They lose any competence to successfully sell drugs. They may certainly be engaged in other illegal activity but not selling the drugs they use. The guys dealing in any quantity are not using the product.
They do not lose competence completely. Look at Hunter Biden. They are functioning human beings with a drug addiction who have to support a pricey habit so they do things they would not normally do which is sell drugs to their neighbors.

48.png
Feanor2:
They do not lose competence completely. Look at Hunter Biden. They are functioning human beings with a drug addiction who have to support a pricey habit so they do things they would not normally do which is sell drugs to their neighbors.
You snuck Biden’s son in there. Nice. Anyway I disagree with you.

The people we need to be after are the higher level drug dealers.

Tup. Legalize and regulate drugs and their business goes away. Time to end the racist war on drugs and realize that, just like with alcohol, all prohibition does is fuel crime.

You snuck Biden’s son in there. Nice. Anyway I disagree with you.

I stuck Hunter Biden in there because he is well known and has had drug problems but we see him functioning. Drug addicts are not all homeless people on the streets.

This idea that drug addicts do not function is incorrect. They are business people, nurses and across every vocation.

Last edited:
I stuck Hunter Biden in there because he is well known and has had drug problems but we see him functioning. Drug addicts are not all homeless people on the streets.
It’s almost as if drugs aren’t the problem, but poverty.
Tell that to the cartels who have seized avocado farms and opened up weed shops in Colorado.
These are great illustrations of my point. We don’t criminalize avocados in response to cartel actions because that would just make their avocado business more valuable, and cartels aren’t opening pot shops, it’s cheaper to cultivate marijuana in the United States and supply it to the valuable black markets in states that haven’t legalized it yet than smuggling it across the border. If marijuana was legal nationwide a major source of narco funding would be gone.

Last edited:
48.png
gam197:
It’s almost as if drugs aren’t the problem, but poverty.
There are a whole range of problems but it is not just poverty. Not to keep bringing up Hunter Biden but poverty was not his issue. There are millions of drug addicts who have enough money but not enough enough to support a costly drug habit so they sell drugs.

Last edited:
48.png
Feanor2:

Drug dealing is not decriminalized. Only drug use with small personal amounts. Get the facts straight before complaining.
Drug addicts are not all homeless people on the streets.

This idea that drug addicts do not function is incorrect. They are business people, nurses and across every vocation.
None of which supports the criminalization of personal drug use.

Last edited:
Not to keep bringing up Hunter Biden but poverty was not his issue.
Exactly, that’s largely why he was and still is functional. If all the money spent on the war on drugs was spent on targeted poverty reduction we’d be in a much better place as a society (and ironically there’d be less drug problems as well).

Last edited:
48.png
gam197:
48.png
Feanor2:
Drug dealing is not decriminalized. Only drug use with small personal amounts. Get the facts straight before complaining.
II understand. It ought to be real interesting going forth. Drug addicts can use cocaine, heroin just not get caught selling it.

Someone has to sell the drugs to the users. Since that part was not decriminalized, the government isn’t going to be able to regulate and tax their sale. This is not a good thing as it’s only a half solution. If they’re going to do this, then they needed to go all the way. Regulate those narcotics like they do pharmaceutical drugs and continue to allow the consequences of their use to be regulated. Cigarettes are regulated as is alcohol as is pot (in many states). Extend that to the rest of them.

If someone wants to use at home, no problem. If that someone wants to subject others to the possible negative consequences of their drug use, that should continue to be regulated a la drunk driving and employment screening. Companies and other environments still have the right to require drug-free workplaces, etc.

Maybe Big Pharma doesn’t like the competition so they got in Zuckerberg’s ear about the way this was written?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back