L
Lasting_faith
Guest
Lasting faith;11440491:
It is late here in Finland I am pretty tired. I will dig in to your response tomorrow and try to answer as good as I can. I am not a “learned wise old man” (even though I am 53, soon 54) and I have this strange thing that nobody can explain, I can read a book for years and still don’t understand the first word even, the only book I understand is The Bible, and for some reason I am able to learn a new language just by listening to it in a few months, my grammar may be a bit bad because I need to write as I would talk. But all what I know is what I hear or see, but I will do my best to answer despite this small disadvantage. Meanwhile, try to not get suspended or banned, read the rules as good as you can. But I will be back tomorrow, now out with my dog and a shower and then some ZZZ.Every time you doubt, something I have never done, BTW, pick up a grass straw or a leaf, could we make one by our own knowledge? No. So it is a very logical conclusion to say that God do exist. And if we believe in God we must believe in Satan. But it is very important to understand that we shall not WORSHIP Satan. He do exist, as the evil force, but God are the good and loving force and will win in the end. And how do we know God will win? Love and understanding is always stronger then evil ever can be.
If both good and bad would be a myth or just a good story we would know it by now. There are all evidence that say: God is real. Science can not explain God, but everything do not need a scientific explanation. Some may ask “what evidence” and for a good reason. I do understand that it can be hard to have faith sometimes and even impossible some other times. So what evidence? Do you think a lie would last for 2000 years? People was not stupid then, they saw with their own eyes what Christ did do. They saw that He did die, and keep in mind that those who did witness that where not what we today call Christians. Why would they lie? Behind every lie is a need or goal to not tell the truth. They did not gain anything. If the only people who would have seen Christ die had been his disciples we would have a problem with what really did happen, but those who did see it where Roman soldiers who had no interest to tell “a good story”. And what make the truth even more true is what did happen after the Crucifixion. If it all would have been a lie we would most likely have only The Old Testament and a Jewish faith. But truth will ALWAYS win. It was not a well staged “show”, it was the truth.
Thank you for your in depth response. I will try to respond but please respond if I haven’t answered all your points
Thanks again for the exchange. I look forward to more.
- You claim no doubt, however doubt gives “antibodies” to help preserve, strengthen and bring faith to the next level (Tim Keller “Reason for God”) except in my case.
- If you were to understand how a grass and straw came “to be” through the evolutionary process, I don’t think you would change your belief anyway.
- Science can not prove nor can you God exist. Is it not possible “our God” was created from a more powerful SuperGod of the multiverse to have our God believe He is the only God? You nor I can prove either way nor can “our God”. In 2 Kings 3:26 the king of Moab is being slaughtered by Israel, Judah and Edom and sacrifices his firstborn to his God, Chemosh, and “there was an outburst of divine anger against Israel” and they retreated. Is Chemosh more powerful than Yahweh or was Yahweh mad at Israel for not killing their firstborn to Him? Another suspicion of Yahweh’s omnipotence is in Judges 1:19 “And the LORD was with Judah; and he drove out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.” Are iron chariots God’s kryptonite or is there something more powerful than Him?
- If He is the creator, then Deism is as far as you can go but you still need to explain who created God. HINT: Man did.
- Why worship a creator who created Satan and evil Isaiah 45:7 (KJV)?
- If anything God is energy as we see from the first law of thermodynamics it can be neither created nor destroyed but again you are stuck in deism at best.
- I never said anyone was lying, just beliefs that are not true. History shows people die and do things with good intentions with bad beliefs. Look up Heavens Gate, Branch Davidians, Jim Jones People Temple, alien abductees, Mormons…
- Many biblical writings are Forged, see Bart Ehrman’s book Forged. Many Christians scholars agree.
- Are you saying God did not protect His word from mistranslations and allowed us to fight over the truth with our salvation at risk. Would you do that to those you love and want their salvation? That is incompetence and mean, not perfection.
10 The New Testament has many contradictions. To many to list. These troubled me,
The Gospel of Luke claims (2:1-2) that Jesus was born during a census that we know from the historian Josephus took place after Herod the Great died, and after his successor, Archelaus. But Matthew claims (2:1-3) that Jesus was born when Herod the Great was still alive–possibly two years before he died (2:7-16). Since Josephus precisely dates the census to 6 A.D. and Herod’s death to 4 B.C., Luke and Matthew contradict each other. An OT problem is Why don’t the 10 commandments in Exodus 20 prior to Moses smashing them not match the re-written ones in Exodus 34?- Homer’s Odyssey has accurate historical accounts and topography but that doesn’t mean Achilles and other Gods existed. Spider-Man takes place in NYC thus he exist?