S
songofsunday
Guest
I wasn’t quite sure where to put this question, so I hope this is ok here. I pray for the faithful departed everyday. My friends, family and I also pray for other souls who have died. My question is this. Why does the following prayer specifically say “faithful” departed and is the prayer meant to exclude lost souls, non-Catholics, etc. I have asked this question before and didn’t think the answer that I was given was very spiritual or reflective of God’s love for all of us. I had dropped the question, until last week, when I said the prayer in front of a non-catholic and I was asked, “what about the unfaithful and the non-Catholics, don’t they get to go to Heaven?” I told him it is a good question and that I have asked the same question myself. I have no answer, but I told him that I would post the question. I humbly request any assistance in answering this question.
Song
Song