Falling asleep while praying the Rosary

• Thread starter Thread starter InSearchOfGod
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Fergal:
My apologies for not clarifying my post!

I had written Blessed instead of the well deserved title of Saint and just wanted to rectify that!

God Bless,
Thanks! I understand now! :o I wasn’t quite sure what you meant, but the OD website looks great. 🙂

40.png
singerlady:
A dear friend of mine says that if you fall asleep while praying the Rosary, the angels will finish it for you. 🙂
Someone told me the same thing. 🙂

I ususally only pray a decade of the Rosary before I go to sleep. Its still a prayer.

Tim

Falling asleep with the reciting the rosary comforting knowing that the LAST thoughts you have for the day is with Our Lord and his Mother. If one was to die while asleep, what a way to spend your last waking hours on earth!

This reminds me of a letter I once read from one priest to another regarding praying before the Blessed Sacrament and falling asleep. He said that it’s similar to when a child falls asleep in the arms of his/her parent. The parent doesn’t get mad at the child. Instead, the parent usually relishes holding the sleeping child and gazing at his/her angelic face.

So it is with us when we fall asleep before Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, or as we fall asleep praying.

Maybe you can try using a “memory” rosary. This a rosary where you actually move the beads and they keep their place. That way if you fall asleep, you’ll know where you stopped and be able to finish it when you wake up.

This really helps me since I have a 16 month old son and my prayer time can be quite unpredictable sometimes! 🙂

Hope this helps,

St Therese also used to fall asleep while praying and she still became a saint!

There is hope for us! 🙂

Morning Glory:
This happened to me just today while praying the Chaplet for St Anthony. I was in the adoration chapel, and nodded off between the Our Father and the Hail Mary several times but not losing my place.

The chapel was so wonderfully silent (at church, there is usually people talking or the cleaning is going on, etc.), and I closed my eyes to reflect on the prayers. Usually I say my prayers aloud, but had to picture them silently and that’s when the trouble began :yawn:

Don’t think I’ll hit the adoration chapel after a 12 hour shift anymore or the snoring will disturbe the others.

Please don’t flame me, I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful, but that’s the first time that ever happened, I was embarrassed.

Maggie
Maggie:

A belated comment - When the Lord gave us the “Our Father”, He told us to use words, “Abba.” which actually translate into, “Daddy”. He actually wanted us to climb into God’s lap like a bunch of 2 year-olds climbing into their “Daddy’s” lap to hear a story.

What does a 2 year-old do when he sits in his daddy’s lap talking and hearing a story? He falls asleep!

I think our Lord totally expects us to fall asleep while talking to our Daddy God and to Him and to Jesus’, and our, mother.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten into some very heavy intercessory prayer in front of the Blessed Sacrament and then found myself dead asleep. almost as if God was saying, “Don’t worry, I know,”

So, I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you, esp since you’re spending time with our Lord instead of going home, taking a nap and not seeing him at all.

I hopes this helps alleviate some nerves.

In Christ, michael

Traditional Ang:
Maggie:

A belated comment - When the Lord gave us the “Our Father”, He told us to use words, “Abba.” which actually translate into, “Daddy”. He actually wanted us to climb into God’s lap like a bunch of 2 year-olds climbing into their “Daddy’s” lap to hear a story.

What does a 2 year-old do when he sits in his daddy’s lap talking and hearing a story? He falls asleep!

I think our Lord totally expects us to fall asleep while talking to our Daddy God and to Him and to Jesus’, and our, mother.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten into some very heavy intercessory prayer in front of the Blessed Sacrament and then found myself dead asleep. almost as if God was saying, “Don’t worry, I know,”

So, I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you, esp since you’re spending time with our Lord instead of going home, taking a nap and not seeing him at all.

I hopes this helps alleviate some nerves.

In Christ, michael
Beautifully put, Michael…I was going to post something similar, but you put it so well, I’ll just say, “ditto”. 👍

Blessings, JP Augustine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back