Falling Dominoes

• Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

The events in Lebanon over the last few weeks have been astounding to witness. The assassination of former PM Hariri has unified the anti-Syrian populace, and brought together disparate portions of the Arab population in the region like nothing before. As one protestor phrased it:

“It is the beginning of a new Arab revolution,” argues Samir Franjieh, one of the organizers of the opposition. “It’s the first time a whole Arab society is seeking change – Christians and Muslims, men and women, rich and poor.”

I have no doubt that the murder of Hariri provided an excellent focal point for the long-suffering people of Lebanon. But it takes more than focus to convince people to unite and face a very real threat. It takes hope. And where, pray tell, did hope come from for the Lebanese? Read on:

“It’s strange for me to say it, but this process of change has started because of the American invasion of Iraq,” explains Jumblatt. “I was cynical about Iraq. But when I saw the Iraqi people voting three weeks ago, 8 million of them, it was the start of a new Arab world.” Jumblatt says this spark of democratic revolt is spreading. “The Syrian people, the Egyptian people, all say that something is changing. The Berlin Wall has fallen. We can see it.”

dailydemarche.blogspot.com/

Freedom is on the march in the middle east. Sit back and watch the show!

40.png
gilliam:
nation will rise against nation; and there will be pestilences and famines and earthquakes in various places. But all these things are the begining of sorrows. ( Matthew 24,4 thru 8)

40.png
littleitaly:
40.png
gilliam:
nation will rise against nation
; and there will be pestilences and famines and earthquakes in various places. But all these things are the begining of sorrows. ( Matthew 24,4 thru 8)

I am thrilled to see that millions may well have the opportunity to choose their own destinies in my lifetime - what they do with it is their choice.

40.png
gilliam:
The entire thing boggles my mind. I never thought I would live to see such possibilities. I hope I truly live long enough to see these nations each deciding their own governments.

There is a difference between Freedom with Liscense, for all you Fr. Corapi buffs out there… Freedom is the ability to do what God calls us to do, liscense is doing whatever we want to do.

40.png
HagiaSophia:
I am thrilled to see that millions may well have the opportunity to choose their own destinies in my lifetime - what they do with it is their choice.
From the beginning of time man has always had the freedom to make their own decisions. It is the price one pays for making those specific decisions that are against God’s will. For He has always left it up to you to have ever lasting life and not one that consist of gnashing of teeth, pain and suffering for eternity. I hope you can truly relate to what I speak of. God bless you and peace

40.png
littleitaly:
From the beginning of time man has always had the freedom to make their own decisions. It is the price one pays for making those specific decisions that are against God’s will. For He has always left it up to you to have ever lasting life and not one that consist of gnashing of teeth, pain and suffering for eternity. I hope you can truly relate to what I speak of. God bless you and peace
I think that that was Eve’s purpose in eating the apple; to gain the knowledge and power to make her own decisions without God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back