L
LefferaFarm91
Guest
Hey Everyone,
I am planning come into full communion with the Church this Easter.
My parents and siblings are very upset about my decision. They’re taking it personally and I’m not sure how to convince them that it’s not anything against them…
They are upset(understandably) because they see this as me telling them that they are wrong in their beliefs( They are non denominational Protestants) and that I can’t fellowship with them anymore as Christians. They think that I think they’re going to hell now for not being Catholic… I’m 19 and still at home so this just makes matters worse I think.
We are and have always been a very close family and would never do anything to intentionally hurt them. So, I get really emotional when we discuss it because I know my decision really hurts their feelings. It’s really worrying me- to the point that I’m starting to doubt whether I should even join. I know I love the Church and it makes sense to me and I want to join but what if I’m wrong. If one day I find out I’m wrong, then I would have hurt them and caused all this trouble for nothing!
Also, I don’t think i should take communiion at the church they are going to anymore. This really upsets them. Could anyone share with me the best way to explain why this is and that it is not personal???
I’m sorry for ranting- I’m just really worried about this! I want to do what’s right and at the same time I don’t want to hurt my family like this. Besides they love the Lord more than anyone I’ve ever met- how could I tell them that they are in the wrong about some things??
Any advice? Thanks very much!
I am planning come into full communion with the Church this Easter.
My parents and siblings are very upset about my decision. They’re taking it personally and I’m not sure how to convince them that it’s not anything against them…
They are upset(understandably) because they see this as me telling them that they are wrong in their beliefs( They are non denominational Protestants) and that I can’t fellowship with them anymore as Christians. They think that I think they’re going to hell now for not being Catholic… I’m 19 and still at home so this just makes matters worse I think.
We are and have always been a very close family and would never do anything to intentionally hurt them. So, I get really emotional when we discuss it because I know my decision really hurts their feelings. It’s really worrying me- to the point that I’m starting to doubt whether I should even join. I know I love the Church and it makes sense to me and I want to join but what if I’m wrong. If one day I find out I’m wrong, then I would have hurt them and caused all this trouble for nothing!
Also, I don’t think i should take communiion at the church they are going to anymore. This really upsets them. Could anyone share with me the best way to explain why this is and that it is not personal???
I’m sorry for ranting- I’m just really worried about this! I want to do what’s right and at the same time I don’t want to hurt my family like this. Besides they love the Lord more than anyone I’ve ever met- how could I tell them that they are in the wrong about some things??
Any advice? Thanks very much!