H
houston1
Guest
Today I went to daily mass for the first time in a long while. The mass was less than an hour although I thought it would be at least 35 to 40 minutes long. The reception of the Eucharist occurred approximately 25 minutes within the mass (as opposed to the 35 to 40 minutes that I expected). I chose to receive the Eucharist at that time. However, I took my last sip of coffee about 45 minutes before that. Thus, I technically broke the 1 hour fasting requirement. Was this wrong to do? I took my last sip of coffee without looking at the clock. The fasting requirement only dawned on me after I took the sip of coffee. Should I have abstained from receiving the Eucharist? What should one do if they thoughtlessly drink something before mass? Should they not receive the Eucharist even though the breaking of the fast was an accident?
Thanks for your help.
houston1
Thanks for your help.
houston1