I
in_servitude
Guest
When asked by my coworkers about Lent, I say that I’m doing it because it is a Church discipline. And, the point of fasting is for purification and sanctification.
One (very) bible-only coworker responds that Jesus Christ is where our purification and sanctification comes from. I asked him to point that out in scripture - it didn’t happen. Christ redeems us, but I think that we need to strive toward the goal of living as pure and holy a life as possible.
Is my view of fasting (a means for purification and sanctification) justifiable given scripture alone?
One (very) bible-only coworker responds that Jesus Christ is where our purification and sanctification comes from. I asked him to point that out in scripture - it didn’t happen. Christ redeems us, but I think that we need to strive toward the goal of living as pure and holy a life as possible.
Is my view of fasting (a means for purification and sanctification) justifiable given scripture alone?