M
micatholic
Guest
Does anyone else follow the practice of bread and water fasting on Wednesdays and Fridays during Lent?
The Medjugorie apparitions are NOT approved. 3 local Bishops’ Commissions have declared there is no evidence of any supernatural happenings there and further declared the visionaries are frauds. Several of the local Franciscan priests who perpetuate the apparitions as being true have been suspended and cannot say Mass or hear Confession. Under normal circumstances that would be the end of it but because of the controversy the CDF (Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith) in Rome has become involved and their first action was to suspend another priest who is at the centre of these alleged apparitions.I recently began to study Our Lady’s Messages from Medjugorje. She asks for fasting on bread and water on Wednesdays and Fridays. Does anyone else follow this practice?
I guess he told you.The Medjugorie apparitions are NOT approved. 3 local Bishops’ Commissions have declared there is no evidence of any supernatural happenings there and further declared the visionaries are frauds. Several of the local Franciscan priests who perpetuate the apparitions as being true have been suspended and cannot say Mass or hear Confession. Under normal circumstances that would be the end of it but because of the controversy the CDF (Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith) in Rome has become involved and their first action was to suspend another priest who is at the centre of these alleged apparitions.
As for the content of unapproved apparitions we are NOT allowed to discuss these in these forums. You should read the forum rules on this.
Fasting (not abstinence which is different) is required on only 2 days a year and these are Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. That is the teaching of the Church. We should be obedient to the Church and not some unapproved apparition.Yikes. Please change my question to Wednesday and Friday as bread and water fasting. Does anyone else?
Remember not eating meat is not fasting. That is abstinence. Fasting and abstinence are different.Praised be Jesus Christ,
Wow:shrug: I thought it was common practice within the church not to eat meat on Wednesdays and Fridays.I am so suprised that it was not approved by the Bishops and all.
At our house we do it though we are not that strict about it but it is like that at home.Especially just after ash Wednesday we follow that diet to the T.
Thanks for helping me .![]()
CCC 1438 The seasons and days of penance in the course of the liturgical year (Lent, and each Friday in memory of the death of the Lord) are intense moments of the Church’s penitential practice. These times are particularly appropriate for spiritual exercises, penitential liturgies, pilgrimages as signs of penance, voluntary self-denial such as fasting and almsgiving, and fraternal sharing (charitable and missionary works).THANK YOU!!
I LOVE THIS FORUM.
Q:What are acts of penance?
God bless.
Hey thistle, could you PM me some news or articles about this? I have some family members who must be unaware, and I would like to back this up with evidence when I ask them to stop sending me M-messages.The Medjugorie apparitions are NOT approved. 3 local Bishops’ Commissions have declared there is no evidence of any supernatural happenings there and further declared the visionaries are frauds. Several of the local Franciscan priests who perpetuate the apparitions as being true have been suspended and cannot say Mass or hear Confession. Under normal circumstances that would be the end of it but because of the controversy the CDF (Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith) in Rome has become involved and their first action was to suspend another priest who is at the centre of these alleged apparitions.
As for the content of unapproved apparitions we are NOT allowed to discuss these in these forums. You should read the forum rules on this.
I just noticed your post. In the coming days I will send you something. I have the Bishops’ declarations and also some comments by the Pope when he was still Cardinal Ratzinger. If I have the links I’ll PM them to you otherwise I would have to email you the entire reports which I have saved.Hey thistle, could you PM me some news or articles about this? I have some family members who must be unaware, and I would like to back this up with evidence when I ask them to stop sending me M-messages.
Thanks!!!