Fasting

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris_LaRock
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
mattrue:
i’m not 100% sure what the exact Catholic stance in on fasting but the saints fasted and it can only be a good thing. i wouldnt go fast so long i would jeopordize my health. i know when i fast for someone i dont eat anything after dinner and go untill the next day untill lunch. i’m sure i can fast longer and i may do that in the future. for me when i fast i not only do it for God and the person but the reality is that when i am fasting i keep in rememberance more the person i am fasting for, praying more for them. i hope this helps. does anyone else fast or know more about Catholic fasting?
not necesarily true…
although fasting is a very powerful way to grow closer to the Lord, offer penance, etc…it isnt always a good thing…
When your fasting leads you to become scrupulous…or you stop taking care of your body…or you start feeling like Gods love for you is dependant ony our fasting…it is no longer a bad thing…it all lies int he will and intentions…that is why it is VERY important to talk toa spiritual advisor before you start any kind of fasting independent from that which is stipulated by Doctrine…

the Muslims fast from dawn to sundown during Rammadan, their holy month.

The Jews fast all day on the celebration of Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.

Chris LaRock:
How long should I gp without eating in order for it to be considered fasting? Does the length of time matter?
There are a variety of ways one can fast. Mary called for Bread and Water fasting on Wed’s and Fridays. You can fast from eating meat for a day, or you can give up something you enjoy such as TV, candy ect. Usually for 24 hour is the time for fasting. Of course check with your Doctor before you fast to avoid medical problems.

Peace

Aside from helping me in my spiritual issues, it can also help me with my grocery bill. 😃

There’s not a lot I’ve read about fasting and I wanted to know the proper way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back