R
Radish
Guest
First, I hope I am posting in the right place and I apologize if I’m not.
When he and my mother were younger they were taken in by a snake oil salesman of a “priest.” He was a cult leader who tricked a lot of people into following him. My mother and father met each other in this cult - I think they were taken in so completely because his man was charismatic and they both were very vulnerable emotionally. The original cult leader died and has since been taken over by new - just as evil liars.
It was very difficult to break away from the cult once my dad realized something was wrong. We could lose connections to all our friends and family that joined. But when he left he thought it was just the people who were bad - not their original doctrine.
If you can imagine a church that used the bible but believed almost everything opposite of the Catholic Church. They set up their followers to be arrogant so they wouldn’t consider another church. They usually used the Catholic Church as everything we were not supposed to be. Somehow despite that my dad was a very wonderful, generous and kind person.
After we left it took me almost two decades to break their chains and unlearn everything they taught me. They damaged my relationship with God for so long. I’m so glad I started learning about the Catholic Church.
My dad died a few years after we left.
I’m just worried about him I guess. I know he was an adult but does God show lenience towards people like us? What if someone was horribly tricked like my father? Do they just get sent to hell anyway?
When he and my mother were younger they were taken in by a snake oil salesman of a “priest.” He was a cult leader who tricked a lot of people into following him. My mother and father met each other in this cult - I think they were taken in so completely because his man was charismatic and they both were very vulnerable emotionally. The original cult leader died and has since been taken over by new - just as evil liars.
It was very difficult to break away from the cult once my dad realized something was wrong. We could lose connections to all our friends and family that joined. But when he left he thought it was just the people who were bad - not their original doctrine.
If you can imagine a church that used the bible but believed almost everything opposite of the Catholic Church. They set up their followers to be arrogant so they wouldn’t consider another church. They usually used the Catholic Church as everything we were not supposed to be. Somehow despite that my dad was a very wonderful, generous and kind person.
After we left it took me almost two decades to break their chains and unlearn everything they taught me. They damaged my relationship with God for so long. I’m so glad I started learning about the Catholic Church.
My dad died a few years after we left.
I’m just worried about him I guess. I know he was an adult but does God show lenience towards people like us? What if someone was horribly tricked like my father? Do they just get sent to hell anyway?