Fatima question: Sacrifices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelka

New member
“Pray, pray a great deal, and make sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to hell, because they have no one to pray and make sacrifices for them.” ---- The Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima: August 19, 1917.

I understand prayers but what are sacrifices for sinners? I that like fasting for them?
 
“Pray, pray a great deal, and make sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to hell, because they have no one to pray and make sacrifices for them.” ---- The Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima: August 19, 1917.

I understand prayers but what are sacrifices for sinners? I that like fasting for them?
That and much more. Anything that happens and is contrary to one’s wishes, or that causes discomfort or inconvenience, or even penances performed voluntarily when there is a choice of taking them on or not — all of these things can be supernaturalized and offered to Almighty God as sacrifices for sinners.

Example: if you have to check your blood sugar with a lancet, you can make the ejaculation “O my Jesus, this is for love of You and of poor sinners” as you experience the momentary p(name removed by moderator)rick. Something that small.
 
Giving up something that you used to enjoy for the benefit of others. For example, I gave up eating ‘carnis’ (warm blooded animal flesh) and drinking alcohol so that my fiancée can one day revert back to the faith.
 
Also suffering patiently from things that annoy and bother us. I’d reccomend working on the exterior before the interior on that one.
 
Giving up something harmless. Voluntarily doing something difficult or unpleasant that you don’t have to.
Voluntarily enduring something and asking God to count it as a sacrifice for the sake of others.
Carmelite gave a good example, but even tiny things can be worth doing as a sacrifice. HomeSchoolDad’s example is good.
 
Last edited:
Tiny sacrifices. St. Rose of Lima as a child, endured teasing from her brother, who tried to provoke her curiosity. Instead of imploring him to reveal his “secrets,” she made a conscious decision of her will to offer up her curiosity, for the love of God.
 
You can start your day with a morning offering that all the struggles and troubles of the day be united with Christ for the conversion of sinners.

When something happens that is not to your liking (how many times a day can that happen?) you can pray…
Thank you Jesus for this cross.
I accept this cross for love of you.
I offer this cross for the conversion of sinners.

Often at the end of the day I remember my annoyances and then say that prayer. I hope my angel will help me to do it on the spot. It takes practice, for sure. That is making treasure for heaven!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top