Favorite Bogart movie?

  • Thread starter Thread starter svid2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

svid2

Guest
Pax Christi!

Right now I’m watching The African Queen. Looks like it’s Humphrey Bogart night on TCM.

My favorite Bogie film is Casablanca. What’s yours?

God bless.
 
African Queen!!

Bogart won the Oscar for this role, and deserved it!
 
Pax Christi!

Casablanca will be on at 2 a.m. Gonna brew tea and watch.

Back before I got sober, I used to get a box of wine, get out my souveniers from Paris, watch and cry.

Sahara is on right now; it’s okay. At midnight, Beat the Devil with Jennifer Jones. I don’t remember ever seeing it, but I love Jennifer.

God bless.
 
Glad I saw this thread! Casablanca starts in 45 minutes.

I have several favorite Bogart movies. Key Largo is one of my favorites.
Casablanca, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, To Have and To Hold, The Big Sleep, The Maltese Falcon. Another one where he had plastic surgery to disguise his identity (can’t remember the name) and another good one called The Two Mrs. Carrolls (I think that was it).
 
My favorite Bogart movie by far is ‘‘The Left Hand of God’’. It’s not shown very often - it’s a real sleeper. Maybe it evokes too many good, religious, teary-eyed emotions…drama, too. In my mind, it’s a real classic. If you can, I’d highly recommend giving it a look.
 
Love African Queen but I have to say my fav is We’re No Angels with Peter Ustinov and Aldo Ray.
 
“THE MALTESE FALCON” with Bogart is my favorite and is virtually a shot-for-shot remake of an original version that is much darker and probably more authentically noir. FIND IT! It’s from 1931.
imdb.com/title/tt0022111/
Ricardo Cortez is our handsome anti-hero and Dwight Frye is grand as the weasel, “Wilmer.” This first and best “bird” has been aired on Turner Classics.
 
My favorite Bogart movie by far is ‘‘The Left Hand of God’’. It’s not shown very often - it’s a real sleeper. Maybe it evokes too many good, religious, teary-eyed emotions…drama, too. In my mind, it’s a real classic. If you can, I’d highly recommend giving it a look.
I have never heard of this movie. I will have to look it up on IMDB.
The title is intriguing.
 
My favorite Bogart movie by far is ‘‘The Left Hand of God’’. It’s not shown very often - it’s a real sleeper. Maybe it evokes too many good, religious, teary-eyed emotions…drama, too. In my mind, it’s a real classic. If you can, I’d highly recommend giving it a look.
My favorite too.👍
 
A tie between CASABLANCA and THE AFRICAN QUEEN. AFRICAN QUEEN combines two of my favorite stars. Bogey and Kate.
 
I am the different one-I have never liked the African Queen. I have just seen parts of the movie, but I am not a Kate Hepburn fan.
The movie has never appealed to me.

Dark Passage is the movie where Bogart escapes from San Quentin and is befriended by lauren bacall’s character and hw has plastic surgery to disguise his identity.
 
I am the different one-I have never liked the African Queen. I have just seen parts of the movie, but I am not a Kate Hepburn fan.
The movie has never appealed to me.

Dark Passage is the movie where Bogart escapes from San Quentin and is befriended by lauren bacall’s character and hw has plastic surgery to disguise his identity.
Have you ever seen ON GOLDEN POND? I just can’t understand how anyone could see that film and not love Kate?
 
Not a film by Bogie, but I love BRINGING UP BABY. it is a madcap comedy with Kate and another star whose name as slipped my mind now.

It was remade years later with Barbra Striesand, and Ryan ONeil. With a very similar plot minus the panther. Both of them are good for a laugh.
 
Not a film by Bogie, but I love BRINGING UP BABY. it is a madcap comedy with Kate and another star whose name as slipped my mind now.

It was remade years later with Barbra Striesand, and Ryan ONeil. With a very similar plot minus the panther. Both of them are good for a laugh.
Cary grant?

I did see Golden Pond, but Kate Hepburn is up there with Diane Keaton as least favorite actresses. Something about her voice irritates me.
 
That is it, Cary Grant. Thank you.

It’s ok not to like Kate. I imagine you found her voice even more grating in ON GOLDEN POND when she had aged making her voice even more grating. 🙂
 
That is it, Cary Grant. Thank you.

It’s ok not to like Kate. I imagine you found her voice even more grating in ON GOLDEN POND when she had aged making her voice even more grating. 🙂
Yes, the older she got it was harder.
I think she was in a version of Little Women that I watched once and that movie and Guess Who’s Coming to dinner and Golden Pond are the only 3 movies I have been able to watch.
I don’t know what Spencer Tracy saw in her unless she was totally devoted to him.
 
My favorite is The Caine Mutiny (although I absoluty hate the scene immediately after the trial).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top