Favorite Christmas Movie

  • Thread starter Thread starter workinprogress8
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
tee_eff_em beat me to it, but I must vote for We’re No Angels with Bogart, Ustinov and Ray. It’s just out on DVD. It is such a charming story. Christmas just doesn’t feel right without watching it at least once. Runners up would be The Bishop’s Wife, Miracle on 34th Street, and Christmas in Connecticut (with Barbara Stanwyk).
 
work(name removed by moderator)rogress8:
I’m looking for some christmas videos/ dvds to give to my cousins and other younger members of my family. I’m a teenager and I always loved getting Christmas videos when I was a kid, and I was wondering if there are any new or old and newly released Christmas videos.
What is your favorite Christmas movie?
What did you enjoy about that movie?
What morals did the video convey?

Thanks a lot
A MIDNIGHT CLEAR

imdb.com/title/tt0102443/plotsummary

amazon.com/gp/product/B0000648X7/104-1180752-3571964?v=glance&n=130&s=dvd&v=glance

Conveys the futility of war and Christ’s Peace at the same time.

AJC 🤓
 
It’s a Wonderful Life is my favorite.

If you have younger ones on your list (maybe 4-8 years old?) there’s a movie called “Olive, the Other Reindeer” that’s really, really cute. 👍
 
work(name removed by moderator)rogress8:
I’m looking for some christmas videos/ dvds to give to my cousins and other younger members of my family. I’m a teenager and I always loved getting Christmas videos when I was a kid, and I was wondering if there are any new or old and newly released Christmas videos.
What is your favorite Christmas movie?
What did you enjoy about that movie?
What morals did the video convey?

Thanks a lot
My favorite is the orginial Miracle on 34th Street with Maureen O’Hara and a young Natalie Wood. I just absolutely love it. The story of how they ‘prove’ the old man is Santa, how if the GOVERNMENT believes he is Santa then he MUST be Santa, and how important it is to never stop believing in the goodness of man…I just love that movie.
 
A Christmas Story!

“It’s a Major Reward!”

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!

“You’ll shoot your eye out!”

“It twas SOAP POISIONING!”
 
Mine would have to be the old movies, cartoons, such as “Frosty the Snowman,” “Rudolph the red nose raindeer.” They are classics and I just love them.
 
I have two that would be on my list of personal favorites.

A Christmas Story (1983) – IMHO, it doesn’t get much better than this one. Most everybody can relate to Ralphie in some respect. “You’ll shoot your eye out, kid!”

The Polar Express (2004) – In the age of modern movies, this one comes off as fairly innocuous. It has no foul language of any kind and is a good but simple story.
 
Home alone 1 & 2 (hilarious!)
The Santa Clause (cute!)
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (hilarious!)
Miracle on 34th Street (the old one) (classic!)
Scrooge (Alaster Simm) (classic!)
A Christmas Story (funny and cute!)
It’s A Wonderful Life (classic!)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (classic!)
 
Two more favorites that feature Christmas:

Desk Set
and
Auntie Mame

tee
 
I did not know it was also a movie, but I love the book Olive, the Other Reindeer, I will look for the video.

I have always liked the first Home Alone (have no use for the others, there the kid got so bratty).
 
I have just 3 more things to say:

[

in 30 seconds

(and re-enacted by bunnies)A Christmas Story](STARZ)

:rotfl:
tee
 
40.png
SP38:
I like the Christmas Carol remake with the star trek guy. I think his name is Patrick Stewart.
…
I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Yes, his name is Patrick Stewart. This version of “Christmas Carol” is my favorite. I love the part where he starts gasping. You think he’s dying then the gasping turns into laughing. He hasn’t laughed for so long that his body doesn’t know what to do! Funny scene!
 
1.It’s a wonderful Life.
2. Family Man
3.Christmas Story
4.Charlie Brown’s Christmas
5.A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart as Scrooge)
 
I too am doing a search for the “Commerce Day” movie. I KNOW I saw it and I think the main Character was Mac Davis. I know he had a variety type show in the mid 70’s so maybe it was just a Skit within his show. It soooo made an impression on me, I have never forgotten it. I tried a google search on Mac Davis but it was not listed as a movie credit, which is why I think it may have been within his show. I would really like to get a copy of this movie/ skit. That is if the commercial powers that be didn’t destroy it, so more people wouldn’t become aware of their plans to do away with true “reason for the season” Christ! :confused::rolleyes:
 
As long as this thread has risen from its grave…

My favorite Christmas movie of all time is called “Silent Night”. It’s about three German soldiers and three American soldiers who end up holing up in a German families cabin towards the end of the Second World War. The acting is questionable, the accents unquestionably horrible, and the budget is basically the shoe string variety. Yet every time it comes on TV (and I’ve been very fortunate in finding that it for the past four or six years) I feel thoroughly heart warmed. It’s probably impossible to find (I’ve tried) except by ordering online, but if you do manage to find it you’ll probably find it worth your while.
 
Then there is: Some people are Catholics, some are Protestant, my Father was an Oldmobile man.

My whole family can quote this movie by heart. So many funny scenes… What about ‘Fragile, it must be Italian! . . . I think that says fragile dear.’

I think It’s a Wonderful Life is my favorite, but A Christmas Story is a close second.

God Bless,
Nicole
As can my family.

“The son of a______ would freeze up in the middle of summer on the equator.”

“Daddy’s going to kill Ralphie”

“Ovaltine? A crummy commerical? Son of a ______”
 
As long as this thread has risen from its grave…

My favorite Christmas movie of all time is called “Silent Night”. It’s about three German soldiers and three American soldiers who end up holing up in a German families cabin towards the end of the Second World War. The acting is questionable, the accents unquestionably horrible, and the budget is basically the shoe string variety. Yet every time it comes on TV (and I’ve been very fortunate in finding that it for the past four or six years) I feel thoroughly heart warmed. It’s probably impossible to find (I’ve tried) except by ordering online, but if you do manage to find it you’ll probably find it worth your while.
I was just going to put Silent Night on the list:D

I second One Magic Christmas. In some ways it reminded me of It’s a Wonderful Life.

I’ll add Lion in Winter(1960’s version).

New favorite is Rare Exports. An interesting twist on the Santa legend. Not for small children.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top