Favorite Christmas Movie

  • Thread starter Thread starter workinprogress8
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

workinprogress8

Guest
I’m looking for some christmas videos/ dvds to give to my cousins and other younger members of my family. I’m a teenager and I always loved getting Christmas videos when I was a kid, and I was wondering if there are any new or old and newly released Christmas videos.
What is your favorite Christmas movie?
What did you enjoy about that movie?
What morals did the video convey?

Thanks a lot
 
My favorite is “Scrooge” starring Albert Finney. Obviously, it’s A Christmas Carol but a musical that is inspiring, fun and rousing. It’s a movie for everyone in the family, including children. I always find myself singing “Thank You Very Much” for days after watching it. As far as the moral of the story?..the same as the book by Charles Dickens, that we should keep Christmas in our hearts all year around.
 
Charlie Brown Christmas (I managed to find that on VHS). It just isn’t Christmas w/o the reading of the Christmas story and a rousing chorus of “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing” (and Harold Angel, too).
 
I have to say my favorite Christmas movie is National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Definately big around my parents house.
 
Without a doubt “It’s a wonderful Life.” I am also partial to the “Muppets Christmas Carol.”
 
Mine starts with A Christmas Story, simply because it is so easy to relate to. Ralphie, Flick and Schwartz… great movie.

It’s a Wonderful Life, probably the most popular. “Muh car, muh car. Where’s muh car?”

A Christmas Carol, I appreciate this one more and more each year. The ones with Alistair Sim and George C. Scott as Scrooge are my favorites.

And my “guilty pleasure” movies are National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (with Cousin Eddie “I have this steel plate in my head. If it gets dented, my part just ain’t gonna look right”) and Scrooged starring Bill Murray.
 
40.png
catsrus:
My favorite is “Scrooge” starring Albert Finney. Obviously, it’s A Christmas Carol but a musical that is inspiring, fun and rousing. It’s a movie for everyone in the family, including children. I always find myself singing “Thank You Very Much” for days after watching it. As far as the moral of the story?..the same as the book by Charles Dickens, that we should keep Christmas in our hearts all year around.
Right on! That is a great movie, I can hear the “Father Christmas” tune in my head right now.
 
40.png
Annunciata:
My favorite is It’s A Wonderful Life
There aren’t any other Christmas movies! 😃

However, I really do like the original “Scrooge” with Alastair Sim, and Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol.
 
I haven’t seen It’s a Wonderful Life but it sounds good.

However until I do see it, I have to say my favourite is National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. It’s full of brilliant humour and I love his enraged rant about his boss towards the end of the film. It goes for 32 seconds. I taped it once and replayed it several times just to hear it again. His unintentional destruction of the hapless neighbours’ peaceful existence, cousin Eddie, the in-laws, the lights on the house, everything is funny. Except the kids, who are not as entertaining in this film as they are in Vegas Vacation or the earlier films.

I’m going to watch it again this year because I’m sure it’ll be on TV at some stage.
 
Not exactly a Christmas movie, but it takes place over the Christmas holiday- Home Alone. Not sure it’s my favorite, but it’s cute. I like that he overcomes his fears. —KCT
 
I love Miracle on 34th St., both versions, because it takes a non-believer where she is and begins evangleizing her there, the judge basis his judgement on the “In God We Trust” motto on US money (in the newer version), marriage before living together is stressed, and people are judged by their actions, not by their talk. I love Maureen OHara in anything, too. The mooning Santa in the new version is over the top but the rest of the movie is great, including “redemption” of the villain’s henchmen.

I also like the made for TV movie, I think called the Gathering, with Ed Asner, where a divorced man, dying of cancer, gathers his dysfunctional family together and definite family healing takes place, depicts the message of hope and redemption, although not overtly religious.

Also love* Little Women* for the Christmas scenes (which I can still recite by heart from childhood).
 
Scrooge, With George C. Scott. That was a wonderful movie and had good points to it! This is my favorite.

I also like many other, Home Alone, Jingle all the way, Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase, I like Rudolf because I used to watch it as a kid so it brings back memories.

Blessings,
Kaily
 
One Magic Christmas… Mary Steembergen is the main character. Great movie for the season for the whole family… great feelgood at the end… you won’t regret… get friends to watch with you… 👍
 
I thought the Santa Clause with Tim Allen was great, because of the underlying story, the need for a child to believe in his father in spite of everything.
 
space ghost:
One Magic Christmas… Mary Steembergen is the main character. Great movie for the season for the whole family… great feelgood at the end… you won’t regret… get friends to watch with you… 👍
Is that the one where the mysterious stranger comes to town? I loved that movie, but only saw it once, if anybody sees it listed please PM me. She is a highly underrated actress, in my opinion.
 
I hate “its a wonderful life” but my all time favorite Christmas movie is “a Christmas Story” i have it memorized and could watch it all day and night!

You’ll shoot your eye out You’ll shoot your eye out!

the Bumpasses dogs!

and "stuck stuck, ITS STUCK!
 
40.png
TarAshly:
I hate “its a wonderful life” but my all time favorite Christmas movie is “a Christmas Story” i have it memorized and could watch it all day and night!

You’ll shoot your eye out You’ll shoot your eye out!

the Bumpasses dogs!

and "stuck stuck, ITS STUCK!
agreed! 👍
 
40.png
asquared:
Is that the one where the mysterious stranger comes to town? I loved that movie, but only saw it once, if anybody sees it listed please PM me. She is a highly underrated actress, in my opinion.
Not sure about the mysterious stranger part… Mary S character has given up on believing in Santa Clause, and Christmas… with the help of an Angel, she comes to believe again… great flick 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top