Favorite Herbal Remedies

  • Thread starter Thread starter Michael_Mayo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael_Mayo

Guest
Anyone into herbs?

They are not regulated and usually there are no studies to support the various claims but,

I do think Licorice root tea help a sore throat.
Senna will certainly get bowels moving.
 
I only know a few, but they’ve worked well for me.

Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle are fantastic for lactation (also found in Mother’s Milk Tea).
Raw garlic seems to keep me from catching colds when my kids have them.
Ginger (fresh, tea, or candied) helps with nausea during pregnancy.
Chamomile helps soothe a fussy baby or put me to sleep.

I like the thread idea. Thanks. 🙂
 
blackberries–tea, juice, and, my Dad’s cureall. wine
mint-- collic, gas, gi upsets In tea, flaverings (oil of pepperment), or even in mint candies

😛 😛 :cool:
 
Oil of Oregano for a lot of things. Used to have sinus infections every year, don’t anymore,
rarely get a cold, even when I’m around a lot of sick people.
I love green tea (I get a liquid version that is concentrated,sweetened with herbs, no caffeine)
seems to help with sugar cravings,
Use a lot of cinnamon, cayenne pepper, garlic, blueberries, etc. All are full of anti-oxidants.
 
Chamomile, Lavender, & Jasmine are all good herbs for calming. I also read that Swishing some Chamomile tea in your mouth is good temp pain reliever for canker sores. Licorice root is also good for coughs & ulcers. Aloe Vera’s good for a number of different things internally & externally such as skin conditions, stomach & intestinal problems. Dandelion & Milk Thistle is good for the liver. Cinnamon is great for blood sugar. Echinacea is good to boost immunity. Green Tea is another that’s good for a number of different conditions, but boosting overall immunity is what I drink it for.
 
Oil of Oregano for a lot of things. Used to have sinus infections every year, don’t anymore,
rarely get a cold, even when I’m around a lot of sick people.
I love green tea (I get a liquid version that is concentrated,sweetened with herbs, no caffeine)
seems to help with sugar cravings,
Use a lot of cinnamon, cayenne pepper, garlic, blueberries, etc. All are full of anti-oxidants.
How do you take the oil of oregano? And where do you get your special green tea? I’m intrigued! 🤓
 
“bear medicine” as the kids call it! We use a spoonful (baby spoon!) of honey for coughing before going to anything more potent- often it works quite well!
 
Oregano oil is also my favourite go-to remedy for viruses, bacterial and fungal infections.

I take it by putting drops under my tongue and then quickly swallowing it with some kind of fruit juice. That’s because I find the taste to be horrible! But it works!
 
chuckle chuckle. yeah i know of a pretty good herb. otherwise though, valerian root for sleep is amazing.
 
How do you take the oil of oregano? And where do you get your special green tea? I’m intrigued! 🤓
I put a few drops under my tongue and it is very pungent, but I’m used to it now. I also
put a couple of drops in water and swish it around in my mouth. Even though I’ve had
some of my fillings come out (in an accident)when the teeth were cracked, they have not
gotten infected.
I also put it directly on burns and the pain stopped in about 10 minutes and no red and no
blister. I didn’t have pain at all after that 10 minutes. I got the burn from picking up a
glass container that had been in the oven! It’s also good for pimples, cuts, cracked lips,
etc. There’s a book called “The Cure Is In The Cupboard.” that talks about even more
ways to use it.
I get the tea from a company called “herbasway” 800-872-7322. One bottle lasts me
quite a while and I drink it an average of 2-3 times a day. Also use it to sweeten other
herbal teas, like cinnamon or dark chocolate drink since it has a mild flavor that doesn’t
cover the other flavor. The price is better if you buy several bottles, which my friend and
I do.
 
Oregano oil is also my favourite go-to remedy for viruses, bacterial and fungal infections.
 
I only know a few, but they’ve worked well for me.

Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle are fantastic for lactation (also found in Mother’s Milk Tea).
Raw garlic seems to keep me from catching colds when my kids have them.
Ginger (fresh, tea, or candied) helps with nausea during pregnancy.
Chamomile helps soothe a fussy baby or put me to sleep.

I like the thread idea. Thanks. 🙂
You are welcome.

I may have to print all this good stuff out.

What got me intersted was reading Br Cadfael myseries and I remember Hildegard Von Bingen was int the “viridity” of herbs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top