Favorite music for a baby

  • Thread starter Thread starter pnewton
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pnewton

Guest
I have a new son, born in January. I was wondering what everyone’s favorite music was for putting a little one to bed was. We use:

Tantum Ergo (a collection of Latin hymns)
Jimmy Buffett (my favorite relaxation music)

How about you?
 
Oh my…did this bring back a memory!! When my son(he’s 29 now) was a baby, we either put a radio with the static on in his crib, or ran the sweeper by his crib. He fell asleep rather quickly. But the funniest thing is now he has a cleaning fetish !!
~ Kathy ~
 
MOZART

Mozart has been believed to help stimulate brain connections in babies, in other words, it makes them smarter because they use more of their brain. We did this with both children. and my five year old is very into science and math, loves addition, subtraction, and how things work be it the body or kinetic energy. There could have been no connection between the two, but many scholars think there is.

I love the Baby Enstein series! Very Good! I was hooked onto it before Disney picked them up. It was originally created by a mother who was looking for stimulating material for her newborn. She litterally sold tapes from her Garage over the phone. My children still love the tapes for the toddlers (Vanguah, Shakepseare, and Doolitle (animals)). I also have several CDs because they are the more popular Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, and Vivaldi seletions

Now my first was also very colicy, and Amazing Grace worked wonders. He would always calm down, so my mother made a tape for me with various artists singing the hymn. Celtic Lullibys worked for my second who would have difficulty sleeping longer than catnaps. The lullibies let me take a nap too, she would be out for an hour or more.

I would sometimes turn on the radio to classical musc in their rooms while they napped on very low. I also love Beethoven, and Bach. Use Vivaldi when you want some energy, not for relaxation but great for the car when you need to run errands!

Good Luck and Congrats on your little one! Your life will never be the same! It is better!
 
used to rock youngest GD to sleep with Awesome God, now at 3 it is her favorite song, she does it with all the motions.

new little guy likes my Taize tapes, he looks intently at the tape player, as if he is trying to learn the latin and decipher the harmonies.
 
For sleeping, Michael Card’s “Sleep Sound in Jesus” CDs are great and relaxing (they put me to sleep too!).

Other than that, in the car, I put on country usually to get him to stop crying.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top