Favorite prayers!

• Thread starter Thread starter cardenio
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
edward_george:
I like the prayer of St. Francis, this was one of Grandpa’s favorites.

I also like the Salve Regina and the Little Office–the Little Office suits my more-theological-than-spiritual mindset, as it’s prayer and teaching all in one. Very profound theological constructs about the Blessed Mother, stuff I can wrap my brain around.

The Eastern Divine Liturgies are good, I really like Psalm 1 from Russian Vespers and the Great Litany from the Divine Liturgy…good stuff…can’t beat Slavonic Polyphony…hehe

-ACEGC
I hear it mentioned every now and then, but i never know what it is…
What is the “little office”? Where can i read/download it?

And are there any good samples of this superior slavonic polyphony? What type of slavonic is it? Eastern or Western?

This is more of a meditation than a prayer; it’s one of my favourites!
The original is found on a stained glass window in the Cathedral of Lübeck. I don’t know who inspired it though.

You Call Me

Master and do not obey Me,
*Light * and do not see Me,
Way and do not follow Me,
Life and do not desire Me,
Wise and do not heed Me,
Lovable and do not love Me,
Rich and do not invoke Me,
Eternal and do not seek Me,
Just and do not confide in Me,
Noble and do not serve Me,
Lord and do not adore Me,
If I condemn you, do not blame Me!

Nekić:
I hear it mentioned every now and then, but i never know what it is…
What is the “little office”? Where can i read/download it?

And are there any good samples of this superior slavonic polyphony? What type of slavonic is it? Eastern or Western?
The Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary is an abbreviated version of the Divine Office that is part of the Sabbatine Privilege devotion of the Brown Scapular of OL of Mount Carmel. You can find it here.

The Polyphony/chant I was talking about may be found here
and here

Good stuff, all of it!

-ACEGC

I think this is called the Fatima prayer.
I like it’s simplicity

Oh, my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy."

Lukelion

40.png
Lukelion:
I think this is called the Fatima prayer
I like it’s simplicity

Oh, my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy."

Lukelion

Hi Lukelion…an extremely beautiful prayer and here we say it after each Glory Be to The Father at the end of each decade of the Rosary. I especially love the way it prays for ALL (implying no exemptions whatsoever) souls most in need of The Lord’s Mercy. I would be interested to know if it was conveyed by Our Lady to the children at Fatima if anyone knows?

Regards - Barb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back