Favourite hymns

• Thread starter Thread starter Teresa9
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear friends

This is more of an Irish song than a Hymn but I love it…it’s me roots 😃

Verse 1
I danced on the morning when the world began, I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun, I came out of heaven and I danced on the earth, in Bethlehem I had My birth.

Chorus
Dance, dance wherever you may be, I am the Lord of the Dance said He and I lead you all wherever you may be and I lead you all in the dance said He

Verse 2
I danced for the scribes and the pharisees, they would not dance and they wouldn’t follow me. I danced for the fishermen for James and John, they came with Me and the dance went on

Chorus

Verse 3
I danced on the sabbath and I cured the lame , the holy people thought it was a shame , the cut Me, they stripped Me they hung Me high and they left Me there on a Cross to die

Chorus

Verse 4
I danced on the Friday when the sky turned black, it’s hard to dance with the devil on Your back, they buried My body, thought I’d gone, I am the dance and I still go on

Chorus

Verse 5
Well they cut me down , but I leapt up high, I am the Life that will never, never die, I live in you and you live in Me, I am the Lord of the Dance said He.

Chorus
Dance dance wherever you may be I am the Lord of the Dance and I lead you all wherever you may be and I lead you all in the dance said He.

God Bless you all and much much love and peace to you all

Teresa

Dear friends

Another favourite, so very favourite to me…

Morning has broken like the first morning
blackbird has spoken like the first bird
praise for the singing, praise for the morning
praise for them springing, fresh from the Word.

Sweet the rain’s new fall, sunlit from Heaven
like the first dew fall, on the first grass
praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
sprung in completeness, where His feet pass.

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
born of the one light Eden saw play
praise with elation, praise every morning
God’s recreation of the new day.

Morning has broken like the first morning
blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
praise for the singing, praise for the morning
praise for them springing fresh from the Word.

God Bless you all one and each this day and always, peace to you and those you love and much love to you all

Teresa

Mine is “Be Thou My Vision” but I also love all the traditional Christmas songs like “What Child Is This?” and “Angels We Have Heard on High”

I’m glad it’s time to pull out the Christmas tunes again.

I like that great trinitarian hymn from Isaiah 6, *Holy, Holy, Holy. *It is, after all, a favorite of the angels.

favorite Spanish language hymn
Pescadore des hombres
O Lord, with a glance you embraced me
then you smiled and whispered my name
I’ve abandoned my boat in the harbor
close to you I will seek other shores.
(there are several English translations, this is my favorite)
Senor mi has mirado a las ojos
sonriendo has dicho me nombre . . .

My favorite one is how great thou art, and god is so good…
Those are my favorites…cool post…

😃

My all-time favorite is “O Come O Come Emmanuel”.

I’m a big fan of Advent hymns- I think it’s the sheer joyful hope expressed in them. “Awake, Awake and Greet the New Morn”, “O Come Divine Messiah”. “On Jordan’s Bank”, “People Look East”, “Comfort, Comfort O My People”, “The King Shall Come When Morning Dawns”, etc., are all great IMO. Plus the congregation seems to love them as well, and sings enthusiastically, which is encouraging to those of us in the music ministry.

I love ; I EXAULT THEE. It seems when you sing this song your spirit is lifted high into the heavens.What a wonderful worship song. Thank you Jesus. 👍

40.png
Teresa9:
…“Dance dance wherever you may be I am the Lord of the Dance and I lead you all wherever you may be and I lead you all in the dance said He.”
Teresa,
I absolutely love “The Lord of The Dance”… thanks for the words to it.
God Bless, Annunciata:)

40.png
puzzleannie:
favorite Spanish language hymn
Pescadore des hombres
O Lord, with a glance you embraced me
then you smiled and whispered my name
I’ve abandoned my boat in the harbor
close to you I will seek other shores.
(there are several English translations, this is my favorite)
Senor mi has mirado a las ojos
sonriendo has dicho me nombre . . .
Puzzleannie,
Is the name of this in English -“Lord When You Came To The Seashore”? :confused: Annunciata:)

40.png
pnewton:
I like that great trinitarian hymn from Isaiah 6, *Holy, Holy, Holy. *It is, after all, a favorite of the angels.
Or Te Deum:gopray: Annunciata:)

40.png
Annunciata:
Puzzleannie,
Is the name of this in English -“Lord When You Came To The Seashore”? :confused: Annunciata:)
Sorry to answer for Annie, but yeah, I think it is. The Spanish looks familiar. We learned it in honor of a former fellow choir member’s ordination to the diaconate- it is one of his favorites. Lovely hymn. It’s been quite popular with the congregation, as well.

I love that song too!! God Bless!
40.png
Annunciata:
Teresa,
I absolutely love “The Lord of The Dance”… thanks for the words to it.
God Bless, Annunciata:)

Hey Jen…
all of those are awesome songs…

God Bless Ya
40.png
SeekerJen:
My all-time favorite is “O Come O Come Emmanuel”.

I’m a big fan of Advent hymns- I think it’s the sheer joyful hope expressed in them. “Awake, Awake and Greet the New Morn”, “O Come Divine Messiah”. “On Jordan’s Bank”, “People Look East”, “Comfort, Comfort O My People”, “The King Shall Come When Morning Dawns”, etc., are all great IMO. Plus the congregation seems to love them as well, and sings enthusiastically, which is encouraging to those of us in the music ministry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back