Favourite prayer

  • Thread starter Thread starter vtech2009
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your favourite prayer, and why?
Prayer to the Shoulder Wound of Jesus

It is related in the annals of Clairvaux that St. Bernard asked Our Lord which was His greatest unrecorded suffering and Our Lord answered: “I had on My Shoulder, while I bore My Cross on the Way of Sorrows, a grievous Wound, which was more painful than the others and which is not recorded by men. Honor this Wound with thy devotion and I will grant thee whatsoever thou dost ask through Its virtue and merit. And in regard to all those who shall venerate this Wound, I will remit to them all their venial sins and will no longer remember their mortal sins.”

This revelation and promise of Our Dear Savior is another proof of His unlimited mercy. You are urged to say these prayers daily and to promulgate this prayer on a continuous basis, so that others may share in this blessing.

The Prayer
O Loving Jesus, meek Lamb of God, I a miserable sinner, salute and worship the most Sacred Wound of Thy Shoulder on which Thou didst bear Thy heavy Cross, which so tore Thy Flesh and laid bare Thy Bones as to inflict on Thee an anguish greater than any other Wound of Thy Most Blessed Body. I adore Thee, O Jesus most sorrowful; I praise and glorify Thee and give Thee thanks for this most sacred and painful Wound, beseeching Thee by that exceeding pain and by the crushing burden of Thy heavy Cross to be merciful to me, a sinner, to forgive me all my mortal and venial sins, and to lead me on towards Heaven along the Way of Thy Cross. Amen.

Imprimatur: Thomas D. Beven, Bishop of Springfield, Ma.

Pope Eugenius III, at the earnest request of St. Bernard, has granted three thousand years Indulgence to all who with a contrite heart, recite the Lord’s Prayer and Hail Mary 3 times, in honor of the Wound on the Shoulder of Our Blessed Redeemer.

brizek.com/prayer/pieta.htm
 
The Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou by the heavenly Host, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Prayer to Saint Dymphna,
I turn to you, dear virgin and martyr, confident of your power with God and of your willingness to take my cause into your hands. I praise and bless the Lord for giving you to us as patron of the nervous and emotionally disturbed. I firmly hope that through your kind intercession He will restore my lost serenity and peace of mind. May He speak to my heart and reassure me: “My peace I give you. Let not your heart be troubled nor let it be afraid.” Pray for me, dear St. Dymphna, that my nervous and emotional turmoil may cease, and that I may again know serenity and personal peace.
Amen.
 
Glory Be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Kind of says it all for me.
 
Here is a prayer that Mother Teresa taught her novices to pray.

“Jesus in my heart, I believe in your tender love for me, I love you.”
 
Prayer to the Shoulder Wound of Jesus

It is related in the annals of Clairvaux that St. Bernard asked Our Lord which was His greatest unrecorded suffering and Our Lord answered: “I had on My Shoulder, while I bore My Cross on the Way of Sorrows, a grievous Wound, which was more painful than the others and which is not recorded by men. Honor this Wound with thy devotion and I will grant thee whatsoever thou dost ask through Its virtue and merit. And in regard to all those who shall venerate this Wound, I will remit to them all their venial sins and will no longer remember their mortal sins.”

This revelation and promise of Our Dear Savior is another proof of His unlimited mercy. You are urged to say these prayers daily and to promulgate this prayer on a continuous basis, so that others may share in this blessing.

The Prayer
O Loving Jesus, meek Lamb of God, I a miserable sinner, salute and worship the most Sacred Wound of Thy Shoulder on which Thou didst bear Thy heavy Cross, which so tore Thy Flesh and laid bare Thy Bones as to inflict on Thee an anguish greater than any other Wound of Thy Most Blessed Body. I adore Thee, O Jesus most sorrowful; I praise and glorify Thee and give Thee thanks for this most sacred and painful Wound, beseeching Thee by that exceeding pain and by the crushing burden of Thy heavy Cross to be merciful to me, a sinner, to forgive me all my mortal and venial sins, and to lead me on towards Heaven along the Way of Thy Cross. Amen.

Imprimatur: Thomas D. Beven, Bishop of Springfield, Ma.

Pope Eugenius III, at the earnest request of St. Bernard, has granted three thousand years Indulgence to all who with a contrite heart, recite the Lord’s Prayer and Hail Mary 3 times, in honor of the Wound on the Shoulder of Our Blessed Redeemer.

brizek.com/prayer/pieta.htm
Ding! Ding! Ding! I was just about to post that one! I love that prayer. It makes me cry every time I read it. I used to say it every day, and had it memorized, but haven’t said it in a long time. I think I might just have to start saying it again, every day. It’s especially appropriate to say it during Lent. 👍

Now, I’ll have to post another one of my all time favorites (also found in the “Pieta” booklet):

Prayer to Saint Joseph over 1900 years old:

“O Saint Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O Saint Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most Loving of Fathers. O Saint Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. Saint Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen.”

Say for nine consecutive mornings for anything you may desire. It has seldom been known to fail.

This prayer was found in the fiftieth year of Our Lord Jesus Christ. In 1500’s it was sent by the Pope to Emperor Charles when he was going into battle.

Whoever reads this prayer or hears it or carries it, will never die a sudden death, nor be drowned, nor will poison take effect on them. They will not fall into the hands of the enemy nor be burned in any fire, nor will they be defeated in battle.

Make this prayer known everywhere.

Imprimatur
Most Rev. George W. Ahr
Bishop of Trenton
 
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, sinner.

Our Father who art in heaven…

Glory be to the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, now and forever, and unto ages of ages.

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy

Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy upon me

Rejoice Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb. For Thou has borne our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Well, these are my daily prayers
 
Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of thy faithful and enkindle in them the fire of thy love. Send forth thy Spirit and they shall be created and thou shalt renew the face of the earth.
Me thinks the face of this earth needs to be renewed…
 
+JMJ+
  • “Now, Father, glorify thy Son, that the Son may glorify Thee!” - John 17:1
    The start of the High Priestly Prayer of Jesus. I pray this every time I start a task, that I may unify my work and myself to Jesus, while at the same time ask the Father to help me.
  • “But be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33
    This is my “reverse prayer”: when I am troubled or sad, I let Jesus say this to me and enfold myself in Him. For the whole passage does say: “These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
  • The Three O’Clock Prayer:
    You died Jesus, but the source of life flowed out for souls and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O fountain of Life, immeasurable Divine Mercy, cover the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.
O Blood and Water which flowed from the heart of Jesus as a Fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and the whole world. 3X

Jesus King of Mercy, I trust in You!

I grew up with this prayer being broadcasted in TV and radio every 3pm. Now, I pray this not only in the hour of great mercy, but also every time I am tempted. Nothing else calms and soothes me like this prayer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top