Fear of bad things I've done

  • Thread starter Thread starter Writer_for_God
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Writer_for_God

Guest
Hi,
I have done some bad things in my life. Some of them I am afraid of people finding out about. For this reason, for many years, I have specifically avoided meeting new people, making new friends, applying for jobs, and applying for colleges and other education programs. I fear that the bad things I have done would scare people away from me. I would like to be able to talk to someone about these things who knows nothing of them, and tell them everything I am afraid of them finding out, and that they will still want to be my friend. I am going to talk to my pastor about this too, but please pray that I find a good friend who can know these things about me and still want to be my friend. I have changed a lot and made a lot of progress, but still the past lingers in my fearful subconscious when I am getting to know new friends and others. I think I have been afraid of seeking out a spiritual director for the same reasons.
Please pray for me and that God will help my pastor give me good advice and direction in this matter.
Thank you all very much.
God bless you. Amen.
 
Praying for you. As the old saying goes, “every Saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.” 🙂
 
You already have many friends, so remember that okay?

Jesus, Mary, the saints (Many who have done things far worse than you—just think of St. Paul!!) They are only too pleased with the progress you are making. 👍

I pray that you are surrounded by their unconditional love and that Our Lady would find a special friend for you to help you on your path to holiness:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help, or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen.
 
If you have repented and confessed your past, there is no need to tell new friends all about it. You have been forgiven and you are a new creation. Be at peace.
 
Hi,
I have done some bad things in my life. Some of them I am afraid of people finding out about. For this reason, for many years, I have specifically avoided meeting new people, making new friends, applying for jobs, and applying for colleges and other education programs. I fear that the bad things I have done would scare people away from me. I would like to be able to talk to someone about these things who knows nothing of them, and tell them everything I am afraid of them finding out, and that they will still want to be my friend. I am going to talk to my pastor about this too, but please pray that I find a good friend who can know these things about me and still want to be my friend. I have changed a lot and made a lot of progress, but still the past lingers in my fearful subconscious when I am getting to know new friends and others. I think I have been afraid of seeking out a spiritual director for the same reasons.
Please pray for me and that God will help my pastor give me good advice and direction in this matter.
Thank you all very much.
God bless you. Amen.
Sounds like you and I need to hang out.

Peace WFG.

-Trident
 
Hi,
I have done some bad things in my life. Some of them I am afraid of people finding out about. For this reason, for many years, I have specifically avoided meeting new people, making new friends, applying for jobs, and applying for colleges and other education programs. I fear that the bad things I have done would scare people away from me. I would like to be able to talk to someone about these things who knows nothing of them, and tell them everything I am afraid of them finding out, and that they will still want to be my friend. I am going to talk to my pastor about this too, but please pray that I find a good friend who can know these things about me and still want to be my friend. I have changed a lot and made a lot of progress, but still the past lingers in my fearful subconscious when I am getting to know new friends and others. I think I have been afraid of seeking out a spiritual director for the same reasons.
Please pray for me and that God will help my pastor give me good advice and direction in this matter.
Thank you all very much.
God bless you. Amen.
Totally praying for you!

I have quite the past myself, and few of my friends knew anything about it until last summer. At that point, sharing my past helped a young friend (whom I’d known for some years) who had made some horrible choices and needed counsel and encouragement from her older friend. Knowing that I understood from the inside, as it were, how attractive and ultimately destructive certain sins are, she could talk freely with me without fear of judgment.

In that case, God used my past to aid His daughter in her return to Him.

If you’ve gone to confession and received absolution, you are forgiven. Time to move forward.

If you’re feeling to need to share all with friends, chances are you need a bit of counseling to heal from your past; or (and this helped me tremendously) you need to journal until you simply can’t say anything more about your past. I found writing things down and making collages (which totally surprised me) really helped me come to peace with my past, and get rid of the need to “over share” with friends until we had a long and solid relationship and there was a need to know.

But be assured of my prayers, and know that your past – coupled with your repentance – puts you in the company of some of our Church’s greatest Saints! 👍

Give thanks to God for His mercies!
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon Writer for God in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give
  • be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.
Our Lady of Mental Peace,
  • Pray for us!
    Amen.
Jesus, Help Me!

In every need let me come to You with humble trust,
saying:
Jesus, help me!
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations:
Jesus, help me!
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials:
Jesus, help me!
In the failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments,
troubles and sorrows:
Jesus, help me!
When others fail me, and Your Grace alone can assist me:
Jesus, help me!
When I throw myself on Your tender Love as Savior:
Jesus, help me!
When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good
come from my efforts:
Jesus, help me!
When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me:
Jesus, help me!
When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot work and
I am lonely:
Jesus, help me!

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls and short-
comings of every kind:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, help me and never forsake me!

Amen

†
 
As the hymn says: “be not afraid, I go before you always. Come follow me and I will give you rest.”

You are not alone. Many are in your shoes. I am praying for you.

God Bless
 
There are people that do thing,s they don,t want too, but Jesus know,s what you done in your life time,all he want,s you too say is “Jesus I Love YOU” then go too confession,and ask for his forgiveness ,and then your feel better, to go on with your life. AMEN :harp::bible1:
 
I used to be that way too but I didn’t avoid anybody for that reason. What I did was worse, when I would meet someone that would potential be my friend I would confess everything I had ever done to show what a different person I am today as if I had to prove to them that I wasn’t like that anymore. Needless to say I was a little disillusioned.

Then I realized what a friend Jesus is and went to Him about everything and I began to feel so much better about myself. I don’t do that anymore, I know I have been forgiven and that’s all that matters. I’m like a whole new person and I feel wonderful and rarely ever think that way anymore.

I considered what I went through and experienced to be just another trial in life that had valuable lessons that taught me to lean on the Lord and even the nasty stuff was of a benefit. Jesus loves you my friend and He waits for you to turn to Him so He can help you. 👍
 
I used to be that way too but I didn’t avoid anybody for that reason. What I did was worse, when I would meet someone that would potential be my friend I would confess everything I had ever done to show what a different person I am today as if I had to prove to them that I wasn’t like that anymore.
Hello, myself. How are we doing today? 😉
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top